Very Strange Pedal Chain Problem

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by IncX, Dec 5, 2013.

1. IncX

IncX

so i got me a dBA Robot, still very expensive at $230, but hey, i always wanted to make bleeping noises.

anyway, the thing doesn't make a sound when chained to another pedal. it does have a sound when bypassed, ruling out patch cable problems ... and it sounds the way it does when it is the only pedal (without anything else on it apart from the bass and amp). chain it with another pedal, it turns into a mute switch! help!

nothing seems to be wrong inside it though ... does anyone have any idea why this is so?

2. Crater

Crater

Are you powering it from a daisy-chain power supply like a 1spot? You might have crossed grounds that are shorting out the power supply. What other pedals are you using, and what power supply(ies) are you using?

3. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

This. My money says that pedal requires dedicated power. Try running it off a battery or off it's own power supply and see if the issue persists.

4. IncX

IncX

well, what do you know... it worked!

thanks guys!

i run a really big pedal board, some of my pedals are daisy chained, while some are running independently, and i realized the robot was daisy chained... i took it out, and it works now!

thanks, it is the first time i've encountered something like this. usual daisy chain probs i encounter are hissy pedals, and pedals dying cause there isn't enough mA.

still, it is strange ... i run it daisy chained to a JMJ Diabolik, and it shorts out ... despite having enough mA. oh well, dBA robot doesn't require much mA but it doesnt want to be daisy chained to anything

5. Register to disable this ad