Vester basses??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by I.'.I.'.Nakoa, Sep 5, 2000.

1. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

has anyone heard of Vester basses? i have recently played one and loved it... but never heard the name.. any sites or info on them?

2. Warrior

Warrior

Vester was a Korean company in the early 90s but they only lasted about 3 years .
    they made some decent stuff though . I had a couple of their guitars. they where tough little workhorses and they took to mods very well. you can still find'em cheap.

3. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

oh .. the bass that i found looks similar to a warwick thumb.. it has a 5 piece neck mahogonay body shcaller bridge.. all kinds of pimp stuff oh it.. on the head stock it has a little plate that says custom shop.. probably the best 4 striong i ahve played.. but is it worth the 1200 they want???

4. Warrior

Warrior

That doesn't sound like any Vester I know . and as for 1200 bucks . I don't think so.the most expensive Vester bass I ever saw was only 599.00 new

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

i dunno thats what the tag syas but its sweet as hell plays better than the waricks i ahve played.. i dunno i may pay that much for it i dunno yet

7. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

I have seen a few Vesters around, but none that resembled a Warwick. And the top price was $325. I would check that bass out pretty good, before sinking my money into it.

8. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

its made top quality bad ass curved back mahogany 5 piece wenge and bubinga neck with ebony fretboard active elsectonics, slanted j bass pick ups, close to the bridge. bolt on, grover or schaller machines, black schaller bridge resembles that of a high end spector. the allenbolts diagonal from each other instead of straight across black hardware comfortable as hell nck. brass nut, the truss rod cover syas *custom shop* looks kinda like a tumb bass but with a little longr upper horn 3 strap buttons... ummm side inlays dots... gonna be mine... ummm thats about it

9. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

I want a bass- I bought a 5-string exactly like the one you
    are descrbing. Maybe not exactly but very comparable. I bought a Vester "custom" in about 92. It had a good active preamp, 5 piece multi-wood neck, and a lot of other extras. It also had that ultra streamlined warwick-style body, but maybe with sharper edges.
    It was a good bass too. But, I paid less than $500 for it new. I would get a book value for it before you buy.

10. maxoges

maxoges

My second bass was a Vester J-copy. It played good, but in my humble opinion the Japanese Fernandes basses are better in tone and quality. I heard (i dont know if it's true) that the Vester company have shut down. I have never seen any kind of high end bass from that company. If you like it why ask us?

11. maxoges

maxoges

Oh I forgot...I paid $300 for the J-copy.

12. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

There was a "Thumb" type bass on Ebay a few months ago that the owner had listed as an Esh (Germany company). The pickups said Esh and I believe there may have been even an Esh logo on the headstock. Otherwise, it was shaped like a Warwick Thumb, the body wood looked like a Warwick Thumb and it had a Schaller bridge (early Warwicks also had used Schaller bridges.) The bass looked really cool, but I wanted to find out more information on it. I contacted the Esh company and forwarded a picture of the bass in question to them. In reply, I was told by Esh that the bass was NOT an actual Esh, that all Esh's basses were designed to look different from any other brand, but for a short time in the early 90's the Esh company designed a model for the Korean Vestor brand. The bass in question was one of these basses.

The bass you seem to be refering to might well also be a "Esh" designed Vestor...sort of a "Thumb" copy.

13. neptoon

neptoon

hey, man....I dig all this stuff about warwick copies...i have a thumb, and i love it to death...but a warwick that's not a warwick? that's a gas...a thumb too....do they come in a 6 string version? I want one....hey, mebbe someone could throw a piccy of one up here? that would be kewl...

14. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

email me, if you want, and I will forward a pic of the "thumb" copy to you...(I havve no idea of how to post it here)

Steve

15. Aj*

Aj*

You can't post items for sale in this forum, you need to use the clasified postings and you need a supporting membership for that. Your post will be deleted soon I guess.

16. Biker4Him

Biker4Him

I used to own a Vester 5 string fretless. It was a great little bass. I think I paid (and sold it) for around $350.00. It had a great neck.. and the electronics were fairly good too. All in all I thought it was great bass for the money.!!