1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Vester basses??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by I.'.I.'.Nakoa, Sep 5, 2000.

1. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    has anyone heard of Vester basses? i have recently played one and loved it... but never heard the name.. any sites or info on them?

2. Warrior

Warrior

Sep 3, 2000
    Vester was a Korean company in the early 90s but they only lasted about 3 years .
    they made some decent stuff though . I had a couple of their guitars. they where tough little workhorses and they took to mods very well. you can still find'em cheap.

3. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    oh .. the bass that i found looks similar to a warwick thumb.. it has a 5 piece neck mahogonay body shcaller bridge.. all kinds of pimp stuff oh it.. on the head stock it has a little plate that says custom shop.. probably the best 4 striong i ahve played.. but is it worth the 1200 they want???

4. Warrior

Warrior

Sep 3, 2000
    That doesn't sound like any Vester I know . and as for 1200 bucks . I don't think so.the most expensive Vester bass I ever saw was only 599.00 new

5. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    i dunno thats what the tag syas but its sweet as hell plays better than the waricks i ahve played.. i dunno i may pay that much for it i dunno yet

6. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    I have seen a few Vesters around, but none that resembled a Warwick. And the top price was $325. I would check that bass out pretty good, before sinking my money into it.

7. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    its made top quality bad ass curved back mahogany 5 piece wenge and bubinga neck with ebony fretboard active elsectonics, slanted j bass pick ups, close to the bridge. bolt on, grover or schaller machines, black schaller bridge resembles that of a high end spector. the allenbolts diagonal from each other instead of straight across black hardware comfortable as hell nck. brass nut, the truss rod cover syas *custom shop* looks kinda like a tumb bass but with a little longr upper horn 3 strap buttons... ummm side inlays dots... gonna be mine... ummm thats about it

8. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    I want a bass- I bought a 5-string exactly like the one you
    are descrbing. Maybe not exactly but very comparable. I bought a Vester "custom" in about 92. It had a good active preamp, 5 piece multi-wood neck, and a lot of other extras. It also had that ultra streamlined warwick-style body, but maybe with sharper edges.
    It was a good bass too. But, I paid less than $500 for it new. I would get a book value for it before you buy.

9. maxoges

maxoges

Aug 23, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    My second bass was a Vester J-copy. It played good, but in my humble opinion the Japanese Fernandes basses are better in tone and quality. I heard (i dont know if it's true) that the Vester company have shut down. I have never seen any kind of high end bass from that company. If you like it why ask us?

10. maxoges

maxoges

Aug 23, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Oh I forgot...I paid $300 for the J-copy.

11. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    There was a "Thumb" type bass on Ebay a few months ago that the owner had listed as an Esh (Germany company). The pickups said Esh and I believe there may have been even an Esh logo on the headstock. Otherwise, it was shaped like a Warwick Thumb, the body wood looked like a Warwick Thumb and it had a Schaller bridge (early Warwicks also had used Schaller bridges.) The bass looked really cool, but I wanted to find out more information on it. I contacted the Esh company and forwarded a picture of the bass in question to them. In reply, I was told by Esh that the bass was NOT an actual Esh, that all Esh's basses were designed to look different from any other brand, but for a short time in the early 90's the Esh company designed a model for the Korean Vestor brand. The bass in question was one of these basses.

The bass you seem to be refering to might well also be a "Esh" designed Vestor...sort of a "Thumb" copy.

12. neptoon

neptoon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2000
    albuquerque, nm
    hey, man....I dig all this stuff about warwick copies...i have a thumb, and i love it to death...but a warwick that's not a warwick? that's a gas...a thumb too....do they come in a 6 string version? I want one....hey, mebbe someone could throw a piccy of one up here? that would be kewl...

13. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    email me, if you want, and I will forward a pic of the "thumb" copy to you...(I havve no idea of how to post it here)

Steve

14. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    You can't post items for sale in this forum, you need to use the clasified postings and you need a supporting membership for that. Your post will be deleted soon I guess.

15. I used to own a Vester 5 string fretless. It was a great little bass. I think I paid (and sold it) for around $350.00. It had a great neck.. and the electronics were fairly good too. All in all I thought it was great bass for the money.!!