1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

Vet Bill Sale - Very rare Dargie Stingray H - 1 of 4 2-band EQ

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Drop-D, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Drop-D

Drop-D Supporting Member

SOLD

Why I'm selling

My little lady has to have a third knee surgery. Her kneecaps slide out of place and scrape into her bones making it very difficult for her to get around. She has had surgeries on both back legs already for the same problem, but it looks like one of them needs to be touched up again. The muscles in her leg are beginning to waste away and atrophy because she hasn't been using the leg at all. It is definitely not something I expected to pay for at this time, but it only takes one of those in-pain sad looks to make it worth every penny.

The bass

I swore I would never sell this bass and I absolutely would not be if I had anything else of value that could cover the bills. This bass was made at the end of the first Dargie Delight run. It is one of four built with the 2-band EQ and only two of them were sold in the US (the other two were sent to Europe). I received the bass as part of a trade from the fine-instrument aficionado and great guy Caca de Kick. Since I received the bass I have been a full-time college student who only plays in my smoke-free home. However, due to living in a duplex from January to December of 2013, the bass has been in storage at my parents house for the past year. It is in mint condition and I cannot find any imperfections on the guitar short of some minor swirling on the pickguard. The bass has, in my opinion, the most perfect feeling and playing neck. I know this varies with every player, but this thing just feels so perfect in my hands. I will judge all other guitars by this one for the rest of my life.

The bass includes the groovy green lined case, also in perfect condition and all case candy. I am looking to get $1600 plus the actual cost of shipping to you door. I will provide you with a copy of the shipping receipt as I have zero intentions of profiting from shipping. I will accept PayPal or would be very grateful to accept a money order. These are the only payment methods I will accept because they offer some form of protection. I would also be willing to drive a semi-reasonable amount to meet you halfway if you're close enough to consider it.

Pictures

The bass with the patient:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I would be more than happy to take any additional pictures or some more detailed shots. Feel free to ask for specific pictures or any other questions you may have. Thanks!

2. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy

Disclosures:
    Head Tinkerer, The Flufflab
    I'm all out of bass space, but here's a bump and a hug for your pup. Hope all goes well with the surgery.

3. Drop-D

Drop-D Supporting Member

Thank you, sir.

I apologize to all the people viewing the thread on mobile. For some reason it appears the pictures are flipped upside down when I view the thread from my phone. I have no idea if this affects everyone, but I have never seen it happen before.

4. ittakes6

ittakes6

Prayers for the lovely pup and GLWS

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

Wish I had the scratch for this one. I originally ordered it years ago but it never actually made it into my hands.

Best of luck with the sale and hope your 4 legged friend gets well soon. Our sheltie had to have surgery for an ACL repair a few years back, can't imagine going through 3 of them.

7. BioWeapon

BioWeapon

The pictures look fine on my end.
    Mighty....
    Mighty fine....

8. PotsdamBass8

PotsdamBass8 Supporting Member

Wish I had the cash, I'd love to help you out. Not everyone would spend the money. You're a good person.

9. Drop-D

Drop-D Supporting Member

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Here's a Sunday morning bump.

10. Drop-D

Drop-D Supporting Member

Monday's halfway over bump

11. Drop-D

Drop-D Supporting Member

Looks like there are quite a few 'Rays for sale at the moment. All funds from this rare 'Ray will go directly towards helping my 4-legged pal.

So, let's talk. PM me.

12. MaccaMan1964

MaccaMan1964 Supporting Member

Hi! Beautiful bass! Me WANt!

13. Drop-D

Drop-D Supporting Member

By all means, shoot me a PM if you're interested!

14. Drop-D

Drop-D Supporting Member

Midweek bump.

Had some interest, but no triggers pulled yet. The money is going towards an expense, but I'm open to offers. Shoot me a PM.

15. jhfishn

jhfishn Supporting Member

Drop-D

Just a thought .....

I have a 9 year old beagle that is my shadow so I know why you would sell to have your pup in good health

My dog was born with both knees that actually flew out of place when she would shake dry from a bath.

As she got older it got to where she just about couldn't walk let alone climb up.

I had 6 ultra sound sessions performed on her knees at about $260 for the 6 treatments and it pretty much spanned maybe a month. At first I saw no change.

In actuality the healing took place at a slow pace and I would say within 2 months she was back to normal and hasn't displayed the obvious pain symptoms since and that has been about a year.

The idea behind ultra sound is is stimulates blood flow to the area and essentially heals itself.

I just thought I'd mention that as it would be a shame to undergo unneeded surgery if that was the case but also to lose a bass that didn't need to be sold

Best of luck with your pup!

16. Drop-D

Drop-D Supporting Member

Thanks for the tip! I'll check into that as it sound very interesting. As far as I know, I may still be looking at surgery. The tendon that holds her knee in place has now grown too far to hold the knee firmly. So, the doc goes in and etches a small groove on each side of the cap to hold it in place. The cold weather just makes it that much worse on her.

Just in time for all the taxman bills, too. Ah, well. Life goes on.

17. Drop-D

Drop-D Supporting Member

I was asked in a PM and thought I should also share the answer here. With my crummy bathroom scale she weighs in around 9lbs.

18. reddog

reddog Supporting Member

good luck with your li'l dog. - reddog

19. HMZ

HMZ Supporting Member

Good luck with your dog!

20. jebmd

jebmd Supporting Member

Free bump. GLWE

21. Drop-D

Drop-D Supporting Member

Thanks for the kind words and bumps, guys.

ttt