1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Victor Wooten EMG Pickup Set

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by trigger_happy, Dec 7, 2013.

1. trigger_happy

trigger_happy

2. joelb79

joelb79 Supporting Member

Yes it will. You will need to change the Volume/Blend pots on your OBP-1 to the EMG volume and/or blend pots, as EMG use 25k pots and normal pickups with an OBP-1 are typically 250k pots. You could even find an EMG 25k/25k volume pot (audio taper) from Best bass gear ($19) and run the OBP-1 as a stacked knob preamp instead, install the included EMG tone knob, and have Vol-Vol-Tone-Bass/Treb like a sadowsky bass or similar setup. The obp-1 is nice and configurable like that.

In fact, that combination sounds like quite a winner if you ask me.

3. trigger_happy

trigger_happy

I appreciate the helpful info joelb79. Thanks a bunch! For now, I plan to have my setup as vol-vol-bass-treble but I'll consider your suggestion in the future.

Also, the 25k pots you mentioned, are they the same ones that are included when purchasing an active EMG-PJ set?

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. trigger_happy

trigger_happy

I appreciate all your responses . I got everything I needed to know.

Thanks!:hyper: