1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Victor's effects

Discussion in 'Ask Anthony Wellington' started by zackthompson, Nov 12, 2012.

1. zackthompson

zackthompson Supporting Member

Hey Anthony,

My friend and I caught the show in Richmond this past thursday. First of all, you killed that slap solo! You were deep in the pocket on that one. Second, if you're "allowed" to answer this, what effects did Victor use on the very last song to get that Synthy/distorted/organ-esque sound?

Thanks,
    Zack
  2. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

You'd hafta' tell me what the last song was. If it was a song we refer to either 'Miss You' or 'Smiling Face' he just used a guitar slide and a regular ole cheap distortion pedal.

The guitar slide is the key. And I'm surprised that more bass prayers haven't done that. It's a cool sound.

peace,
    anthony.
  3. zackthompson

zackthompson Supporting Member

It was "Miss You." Yea that sound was sweet. Thanks man!