Videos or mp3s of someone singing note names?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by MCS4, Mar 17, 2014.

1. MCS4

MCS4 Supporting Member

Does anyone have a good video or music file of someone repetitively singing each musical note while saying the note name? It's easy to find someone singing "do, re, me" etc., but I'm looking for someone singing "A, B, C" etc. Ideally it would be something that repeats over and over on a loop, so I can just leave it running in the background as aid to remembering the way each note sounds. Bonus point if the person sings it as a scale (i.e. C Major scale) or has multiple tracks of different scales.

2. Bainbridge

Bainbridge

It doesn't work like that. If you really want, you can make the loops yourself, but why bother? Learn relative pitch - it will help you much more than trying to get "perfect pitch" by rote, and it's actually more applicable.

Addendum: Absolute pitch can be learned. I had it at one time for a handful of pitches and chords. One of my friends developed it through hard and sustained work. We both had extensive background in relative pitch at the time.

3. MCS4

MCS4 Supporting Member

I'm well aware of the merits of relative pitch. However, I can't practice interval exercises while at work, whereas I can have an earbud in for something that loops a scale. I also have had some success lately in singing note sames while I play them on the bass, and then trying to recall the pitches later and sing them without the bass. I believe that having a reference to use while doing other activities will help reinforce that, even if only minimally.

Any links from others are appreciated.

4. freatles

freatles

there you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDTRxrxU4W8

prepare to listen to that for several years before achieving absolute pitch :p

although, if you come up with a list of songs to think of for each note, please share

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MCS4

MCS4 Supporting Member

Thanks for the link. It looks like I'll most likely just end up making my own reference track, since even on this vid the person doesn't sing the actual note name.

As for a "list of songs," I'm actually using this instead of a selection of different songs. After just a couple days of playing notes and singing them, and playing/singing various combinations of notes on the C major scale, I can reasonably reliably sing a C on command, and have more sporadic success with the A, B, and G. This is mainly based upon having a memory of the sound of my voicing singing that "letter." My thought in searching for these videos is that I'd essentially be memorizing a "song" that is made up of the individual note names and tones in a more organized fashion.

7. davidhilton

davidhilton Supporting Member

why don't u just make ur own recording of it?

8. bkbirge

bkbirge Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
    With blackjack and hookers!

[​IMG]

9. muljoe

muljoe