1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Vintage Ampeg V4b for sale (w/ road case)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by paintrecords, Nov 29, 2013.

1. paintrecords

paintrecords Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

For sale is a ready to tour, early 1970’s Ampeg V-4B. Many professional bassists used the V-4b in the 70s, and it has become a well sought after gem amongst vintage amp enthusiasts of today. This particular head is in excellent condition, the best of any vintage amp I’ve come across. It only has a handful of small scratches, most of which are hardly noticeable. The previous owner claimed to have used it primarily as a studio amp for twenty years. Since I bought it in 2005, the original capacitors died and have been replaced, I have replaced the tubes once or twice, and I had a new three prong power chord attached to solve grounding issues (the original was only two prongs). It comes with a high quality, custom ATA road case from LM Engineering (http://www.cybozone.com/fg/casesata.html).

V-4B specs:
    100 watts (all tube)
    2 inputs
    2 volume knobs
    eq: treble, midranges (variable among 300 Hz, 1000 Hz, and 3000 Hz), bass, with ultra lo and ultra high switches
    Polarity switch
    2 Speak Outputs (variable among 2 Ohm, 4 Ohms, and 8 Ohms)
    Amp Ext. capability
    1 AC outlet (2 prongs, 500 watt max)

ATA Road Case specs:
    ¾ in thick plywood
    1 in protective foam
    Heavy-duty clamps for attaching the lid to the base
    Reinforced corners
    3 Handles: 1 on top, 2 on the sides
    Dimensions: 29.5 in wide, 14.25 in deep, 14.25 in high

For Photos: https://ampegv4bforsalevintage.shutterfly.com/

***Cash Only***
    ***Local Pick Up Only*** (Northern VA), I am willing to meet someone half way.
    ***$750 or best offer ***

Pros: Incredible sound, plenty of volume, real vintage street cred, well maintained, and an indestructible road case.
    Cons: Weight
  2. twotonetommy4

twotonetommy4

0   0   0

3. Surfnski

Surfnski Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

What brand and type of tubes are you running in it?
  4. paintrecords

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Groove Tube 7027's
  5. paintrecords

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

still available
  6. paintrecords