1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Vintage Modified Jaguar Club Sign-Ups Here

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SurferJoe46, Sep 17, 2010.

1. SurferJoe46

SurferJoe46

OK - looks like someone has to do this - so I'll volunteer.

Standard rules: post a pix of your VM-Jaguar Squier and we'll see how many members we can get.

I'll keep records on Wordpad and as it grows, I'll copy/paste/post the names/numbers as they happen - OK?

First things first - I'll put up my VM-Jag and let's see who's next.

[​IMG]

Send tips, tricks and concerns you notice about yours - good and/or bad and we'll see how these turn out.

First thing I do is wax mine with about ten coats of carnauba wax and use a lot of high pressure from the bony part of my hand to heat up the wax as I rub it into the back of the neck to gloss it up.

Just remember that I'm on California time and may be asleep when you are up or vice-versa. I'll get to everybody and if somehow I miss you, just either PM or yell at me here. Sundays and Thursdays I am pretty busy in a non-secular way.
  2. bass4u

bass4u Supporting Member

Here is a pic of mine I got this week. Really digging this bass. Just love the weight and the sound of the pickups.

I have a set of Fender vintage threaded bridge saddles I was hoping to put on the Jag but they wouldn't fit. The bolts with the springs around them are too large of a diameter to pass through the bridge plate holes. I wish the bass had come with the bridge that is on my Classic Vibe 60's Precision. It is Squier's version of a high mass bridge and is very nice. A bridge modification/replacement is the only thing I plan on changing on the Jag, everything else is just right for me.

[​IMG]
  3. SurferJoe46

SurferJoe46

First victim!

bass4u is number 0002

Keep us informed what the changes to tone/volume, etc you get by putting a Hi-Mass bridge on if you do it. I think it'll detract from the qualities that make this a truly different bass now.
  4. BulbousMoses

BulbousMoses

I just ordered one from my local L & M. I'll post a pic as soon as it comes in.
  5. SurferJoe46

SurferJoe46

Let me know ASAP when it comes in so you can get a Charter Member Number.

ADDENDA: bass4u, who signed off on your QC sticker on the plastic shield over the PG?

If you still have it, snap a pix of it too. Let's see whose was built/inspected first. I put mine under the PG and can take it out later - after I play it for a while that is.
  6. BassesForTheWin

BassesForTheWin

id like to seem some modded, just to see the different things people would do to them.
  7. bass4u

bass4u Supporting Member

I threw the sticker away but the build date was June 23rd.

I'm looking for a bridge plate that will fit the Fender threaded saddles I have. Anyone have any suggestions?
  8. SurferJoe46

SurferJoe46

Heck - let's play them a while first!

The neck is great, the electronics scream at you and the action is flawless.

What else does one need?

A heavy bridge is just gonna suck some of the built-in tone out of it for the sake of bragging rights - so why even go there?

Unless something breaks, then I vote to leave them as they are.

FWIW: My wife's still all original equipment too.
  9. bass4u

bass4u Supporting Member

I'm not necessarily looking for a HM bridge, just a regular bridge plate that will fit my threaded bridge saddles so I can get the string spacing I desire. I normally play Precisions or Stingrays which have a wider neck than the Jag.
  10. fasto

fasto

my Jag is finally in the house ... only played this cat 10 minutes, but i´m already very impressed, great bass for the money, much better than i expected ... the inspection sticker says july 20th.

toooooo early to think about modifications ... i would love to check out a black BadAss II bridge on it.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. SurferJoe46

SurferJoe46

OK, 0002 - fasto
  12. BulbousMoses

BulbousMoses

Ok..I'll take a number

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. BulbousMoses

BulbousMoses

Bump...knock knock SurferJoe :)
  14. Laurie Bass

Laurie Bass

Hey Moses Great close up pics, looks like it is very well made.BTW I am CDN too,how much are they in Ottawa? Thanks. L.P.

15. BulbousMoses

BulbousMoses

The bass itself was $315.00 and I bought a hardshell case as well. I think the total, taxes in was $460 or somewhere in that ballpark.
  16. SurferJoe46

SurferJoe46

Gotch all!

Thursdays I am not very available, that's why the slight delay there, BulbousMoses - and then there's sleep.

OFFICIAL SQUIER VINTAGE MODIFIED JAGUAR CLUB

0001 - SurferJoe
    0002 - bass4you
    0003 - Fasto
    0004 - BulbousMoses
  17. BulbousMoses

BulbousMoses

Thanks, mon!
  18. bh2

bh2

They look very well made.. too bad I'm not a fan of the shape. If they did a stack pot jazz I'd be all over it!
  19. BassBob2112

BassBob2112

I just picked one up today. Gotta get pictures.

"14 July 2010" Inspected by....'Doris' !

Doris needs to do a better job Q.C.ing the volume pots. One of them was faulty. The tech at the store fixed it so hopefully no more issues.
  20. BassesForTheWin

BassesForTheWin

I would love to see Cream pick-up covers on one of these basses.