Vintage Modified Jaguar Club Sign-Ups Here

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SurferJoe46, Sep 17, 2010.

1. SurferJoe46

SurferJoe46

OK - looks like someone has to do this - so I'll volunteer.

Standard rules: post a pix of your VM-Jaguar Squier and we'll see how many members we can get.

I'll keep records on Wordpad and as it grows, I'll copy/paste/post the names/numbers as they happen - OK?

First things first - I'll put up my VM-Jag and let's see who's next.

[​IMG]

Send tips, tricks and concerns you notice about yours - good and/or bad and we'll see how these turn out.

First thing I do is wax mine with about ten coats of carnauba wax and use a lot of high pressure from the bony part of my hand to heat up the wax as I rub it into the back of the neck to gloss it up.

Just remember that I'm on California time and may be asleep when you are up or vice-versa. I'll get to everybody and if somehow I miss you, just either PM or yell at me here. Sundays and Thursdays I am pretty busy in a non-secular way.

2. bass4u

bass4u Supporting Member

Here is a pic of mine I got this week. Really digging this bass. Just love the weight and the sound of the pickups.

I have a set of Fender vintage threaded bridge saddles I was hoping to put on the Jag but they wouldn't fit. The bolts with the springs around them are too large of a diameter to pass through the bridge plate holes. I wish the bass had come with the bridge that is on my Classic Vibe 60's Precision. It is Squier's version of a high mass bridge and is very nice. A bridge modification/replacement is the only thing I plan on changing on the Jag, everything else is just right for me.

[​IMG]

3. SurferJoe46

SurferJoe46

First victim!

bass4u is number 0002

Keep us informed what the changes to tone/volume, etc you get by putting a Hi-Mass bridge on if you do it. I think it'll detract from the qualities that make this a truly different bass now.

4. BulbousMoses

BulbousMoses

I just ordered one from my local L & M. I'll post a pic as soon as it comes in.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SurferJoe46

SurferJoe46

Let me know ASAP when it comes in so you can get a Charter Member Number.

ADDENDA: bass4u, who signed off on your QC sticker on the plastic shield over the PG?

If you still have it, snap a pix of it too. Let's see whose was built/inspected first. I put mine under the PG and can take it out later - after I play it for a while that is.

7. BassesForTheWin

BassesForTheWin

id like to seem some modded, just to see the different things people would do to them.

8. bass4u

bass4u Supporting Member

I threw the sticker away but the build date was June 23rd.

I'm looking for a bridge plate that will fit the Fender threaded saddles I have. Anyone have any suggestions?

9. SurferJoe46

SurferJoe46

Heck - let's play them a while first!

The neck is great, the electronics scream at you and the action is flawless.

What else does one need?

A heavy bridge is just gonna suck some of the built-in tone out of it for the sake of bragging rights - so why even go there?

Unless something breaks, then I vote to leave them as they are.

FWIW: My wife's still all original equipment too.

10. bass4u

bass4u Supporting Member

I'm not necessarily looking for a HM bridge, just a regular bridge plate that will fit my threaded bridge saddles so I can get the string spacing I desire. I normally play Precisions or Stingrays which have a wider neck than the Jag.

11. fasto

fasto

my Jag is finally in the house ... only played this cat 10 minutes, but i´m already very impressed, great bass for the money, much better than i expected ... the inspection sticker says july 20th.

toooooo early to think about modifications ... i would love to check out a black BadAss II bridge on it.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. SurferJoe46

SurferJoe46

13. BulbousMoses

BulbousMoses

Ok..I'll take a number

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. BulbousMoses

BulbousMoses

Bump...knock knock SurferJoe :)

15. Laurie Bass

Laurie Bass Supporting Member

Hey Moses Great close up pics, looks like it is very well made.BTW I am CDN too,how much are they in Ottawa? Thanks. L.P.

16. BulbousMoses

BulbousMoses

The bass itself was $315.00 and I bought a hardshell case as well. I think the total, taxes in was $460 or somewhere in that ballpark.

17. SurferJoe46

SurferJoe46

Gotch all!

Thursdays I am not very available, that's why the slight delay there, BulbousMoses - and then there's sleep.

OFFICIAL SQUIER VINTAGE MODIFIED JAGUAR CLUB

0001 - SurferJoe
    0002 - bass4you
    0003 - Fasto
    0004 - BulbousMoses

18. BulbousMoses

BulbousMoses

Thanks, mon!

19. bh2

bh2

They look very well made.. too bad I'm not a fan of the shape. If they did a stack pot jazz I'd be all over it!

20. BassBob2112

BassBob2112

I just picked one up today. Gotta get pictures.

"14 July 2010" Inspected by....'Doris' !

Doris needs to do a better job Q.C.ing the volume pots. One of them was faulty. The tech at the store fixed it so hopefully no more issues.

21. BassesForTheWin

BassesForTheWin

I would love to see Cream pick-up covers on one of these basses.