Vintage Modified Precision Bass® V ??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FuManChu, Aug 22, 2013.

1. FuManChu

FuManChu

Looks interesting???
  2. FuManChu

FuManChu

No opinions?
  3. bassnat

bassnat

My opinion is the bass and you sound great. Nice!
  4. learning_towalk

learning_towalk Supporting Member

Hey there! I got it the other day. For a 300 dollar bass, I'm super impressed. I threw some 4 yr old chromes on it and it came to life. There are a few issues though: clicking tuner, b string unplayable after 12th fret (vibrating into the pickup), intonation way off. This is straight out of the box though so hopefully a good set up will cure everything but the tuner. I may throw some ultralite lollipops on there. Output is not a hot as the Delano's that I have in my sx, but sound fine. May mod at Rome point with new pots>nordstrand pups...but Overall though I'm thoroughly impressed. The first chrome pickup cover I bought didn't fit, so I ordered a Marcus miller 5 cover for it. This baby will be a keeper once I get her all set up!

I can say after playing the squier and the USA version, the squier is definitely my choice. Also worth noting, the neck pocket was virtually perfect. Super impressed by the fit/finish
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bassnyc1

bassnyc1

Seriously considering this bass. Too bad (for me) that there's no black option.....
  7. Thedeadking

Thedeadking Supporting Member

I plan on buying one. I've been lusting for a 5 string P bass for a long time. I just got a Squire Deluxe active Jazz V in a trade and so impressed with the quality and sound of it I think Ill be very happy with one of these.
  8. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

9. tink9975

tink9975 Supporting Member

there should be one in CAR waiting for me when I get home today!
    I'll have to do a little review after I break it in.

Does anyone have any idea what strings the squiers ship with?
  10. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

please say it stinks and that i shouldn't spend any money to get one please say it stinks and that i shouldn't spend any money to get one please say it stinks and that i shouldn't spend any money to get one please say it stinks and that i shouldn't spend any money to get one please say it stinks and that i shouldn't spend any money to get one please say it stinks and that i shouldn't spend any money to get one please say it stinks and that i shouldn't spend any money to get one please say it stinks and that i shouldn't spend any money to get one please say it stinks and that i shouldn't spend any money to get one please say it stinks and that i shouldn't spend any money to get one please say it stinks and that i shouldn't spend any money to get one
  11. learning_towalk

learning_towalk Supporting Member

I wasn't a fan of the strings on mine. But she purrs with chromes.