SOLD Vintage Polytone Mini Brute III Jazz Amplifier

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Neuroman, Dec 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neuroman

Neuroman BHPD - Previously Stage 2 Gold Supporting Member

For Sale is a Vintage Polytone Mini Brute III in outstanding condition. It is the perfect guitar or bass amp for the jazz purist. Rich, mellow, clean jazz tone.

It has some minor nicks and scratches on the tolex and the steel corner guards but looks real good overall (see the pics below - I tried to get lighting and close ups to reveal the blemishes.

• All knobs, input/output jacks and switches, electronics and speaker are fully functional.
    • Amp has killer jazz tone. Warm, rich and clean.
    • Lightweight and compact. I easily carried my standup in my left arm and my Polytone in my right.
    • It has everything you need to get the warm clean jazz tone we all crave:

- Treble, Bass and Mid Controls
    - Three way Bright, Med, Dark Tone Boost Switch
    - High (guitar) and Low (bass) 1/4" Input Jacks (although I always preferred the High for my stand up bass)
    - Master Volume
    - Polarity Power Switch
    • 1/4" Main Output Jack
    • 1/4 " Output for Extension Speaker
    • 1/4" Headphone Jack
    • All Original
    • Includes all Original Documentation including manual and wiring diagrams/schematics for Amplifier and for Speaker & Cabinet Controls & Jacks

This amp was gigged with but only with jazz and singer/songwriter genre music. I never really had the need or occasion to push it so no worries about blown or stretched speakers or amplifier. I don't gig jazz anymore and haven't for over 25 years. I use headphones through a bass trainer whenever I practice alone so I have not used this amp with any consistency since the late 80's. It has been covered in my closet all this time.

If you are looking for a truly warm, mellow, clean jazz tone for your Hollow Body Jazz Box or Upright bass and want something compact and lightweight, this is a great choice. It is simple and probably lacks the versatility of more modern amps, but it has everything you need and is entirely geared for providing rich, mellow, clean jazz tone.

I purchased this Polytone in the 80's as Ray Brown was my jazz idol growing up and throughout college. He had a Polytone Mini Brute III and an Underwood bridge pickup for his standup and so did I. I didn't have his solid carved top rich standup bass with growl and sustain that went on for days. Nor did I have his technique, skill, interpretive genius, dexterity, knowledge or training. And, I am Caucasian. Otherwise, I was just like him!

$400 Delivered Continental US.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Neuroman

Neuroman BHPD - Previously Stage 2 Gold Supporting Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.