1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Vintage Stingray Pre-amps (the epxoy coated ones)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by MrRockne78, Nov 15, 2012.

1. MrRockne78

MrRockne78

I am restoring a '77 Stingray and I have a seller willing to part with one of the early preamp assemblies dated to around the time of my bass. The problem is neither I nor the seller can find any info about the current going rate $$$? The seller wants to be fair and I don't want to spend more than it's worth, obviously! Combing eBay hasn't helped because it's so rare to see only the preamp for sale. Any advice would be much appreciated?

thanks!:help:

2. grendle

grendle

Honestly don't think I have ever seen one for sale. Might just be up to what your willing to pay. Most any pre"s go for $100-$200.

3. MrRockne78

MrRockne78

Thanks. I hear you. People don't tend to replace them if they're working and you can't fix the epoxy coated ones, because well... they're incased in epoxy! The owner of the pre who is also restoring my bass said he was thinking somewhere in the $300 range. Thanks for the input!