1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Vintage SX Shortscale Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ben23c, Aug 26, 2013.

1. ben23c

ben23c

2. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

As long as it's not trashed, $100 is a decent price. The Vintage Series are the older series SX basses, that sold for $150-$175 depending on the model. It most likely has the older headstock design (before the new Ursa and Andromeda headstocks). It may even be one of the really old ones with the Fishhook headstock.

The SS Jazz models were decent basses, but the pickups were a bit lacking on those models. New pickups and new tuners for another $150 or so and you'll have a decent bass for about $250.

3. dabbler

dabbler Supporting Member

What Dean said, pretty much. Ask for the pics. My main basses are SX, but long scale. You get more than your money's worth IMO. The new ones are here http://www.rondomusic.com/bassguitars4.html ( for the short scale indeed look for JR or LT). The main reason for buying used is if you don't like the new headstock, IMO.

4. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

Exactly. The quality of the new basses is far above the old ones in every way. The only reasons to buy an old SX anymore are because you can get it for under $100 or you are nostalgic for the old headstock designs.

5. Register to disable this ad