SOLD Vintage Traynor YBA-3

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by jamesy, Jan 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesy

jamesy

S O L D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P R I C E D R O P

$650 SHIPPED TO CONTINENTAL US

[​IMG]

More pictures available here.

The Traynor YBA-3 is a fantastic, massive sounding amplifier, tonally similar to a Marshall Plexi. It has a great master volume, should you wish to use it, and handles pedals with ease. The amp is in pretty good condition, but shows some of the usual wear that one would expect from a 30+ year old amp. Though they've been rediscovered over the years, you will still not find a better amp for the price. Right now this amp is set up to use for bass, so don't plug a guitar in and expect a lot of distortion unless you use stomp boxes.

Things you should know:
    This amp has EL34's and like most vintage amps it may need a new cap job sometime in the future, but right now it works and sounds great. Has a mod where the on/off switch is a three way switch. Position one and three are power on with or without the fan, position two is off. "Stand back" sticker over the stand by switch. All of this was done by the previous owner. I've had it for a while and took it to the tech when it needed it. I had a problem where it would shut off out of nowhere, and my tech traced the prob. back to the circuit breaker at the back of the amp- there is a regular fuse there now. Works great! I've included a picture of the power switch and fuse, in case the mods sound more invasive than they really are. The power cable has also been replaced at some point.

I play guitar now, so I would accept trades for:

Ampeg V-2
    Traynor YBA-1
    Fender Bassman

Vintage Fender, Ampeg, and Traynor amps are my favorite, so if you've got something else, it wouldn't hurt to ask. Strats, Teles, and old Carvin guitars are nice, too. Thanks!

2. jamesy

jamesy

3. Rocker47

Rocker47

Bump for a Canadian Classic! I have one and it sounds warm and full. Someone will enjoy this!

4. jamesy

jamesy

5. Register to disable this ad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.