1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

vintage TUNE SYNCHRON SB-5S (Japan model, made in the original factory !!!)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Europe & International' started by iuserneim, Nov 13, 2012.

1. iuserneim

iuserneim Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

--> SOLD <--

You may have heard of the great TUNE basses, most popular model is the bass maniac.
    Now, the made in Japan instruments are very sought after, since those are very rare and are their build quality is incredible !

What I have for sale here is a vintage TUNE SYNCHRON SB-5S bass, that was built in the original factory in Japan, before the company was sold and split to a Japanese and a Korean one.
    So, this bass right here is the real deal when it comes to TUNE basses !
    Actually, I've never seen a TUNE from the original Japanese factory for sale before, they all were made in Korea or by the second Japanese factory (you can set the newer Korean and Japanese models apart by serial numbers)

With its 3.8kg, the bass is quite light weight, and since it has a tiny head stock, there's no neck dive whatsoever.
    It features an ash body, a maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, and active pickups made by TUNE - sound wise, these are quite similar to EMGs. The electronics are passive - there is a volume pot for each pickup, and a tone knob that has push/pull functionality for mid boost or cut. In the electronics compartment there are two trim pots: one for preamp gain and one for adjusting the mid-frequency that will be boosted or cut.

Here come the specs:
    - ash body (trans. blue, high gloss)
    - maple neck
    - rosewood fingerboard
    - brass nut
    - active pickups by Tune (similar to EMGs)
    - passive electronics: vol/vol/tone
    - string spacing @ bridge: 18mm
    - weight: 3.8kg

[​IMG]

The TUNE is a dream to play. Low string height, 18mm string spacing and the rather thin neck make this bass so comfortable, that you just don't want to stop playing it.
    But since this is a player's bass, there are some dings and dongs, on the back, there's a little chip of paint missing. You may want to change the pots, since those are a bit sensitive to touch, and the tone pot is full on the whole time. For me, this was no problem. I already changed the output jack for a new one.
    The bass is from a smoke free home and has been taken care of. I never left the bass in the rehearsal room or in the car.

The price I'm asking for is only [DEL]500[/DEL] 450 euros (shipping excluded) or make me a good offer.
    The bass will be wrapped in bubble wrap several times, then put in a cardboard box filled with crumpled paper and air bags. Totally safe, and it's insured, too.

You can pay via money transaction. If you worry about sending money to a complete stranger, I could put this bass up on german ebay, and you can buy it from there (100% positive feedback there). Although this would cost maybe 50 euros ebay fees... I'd leave that up to the buyer.

If there are any questions or price quotes, just drop me a message.
  2. iuserneim

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

price drop !!!
    450 euros
  3. iuserneim

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

on hold....
  4. iuserneim