SOLD viva Analog 360+ Preamp (Acoustic 360 copy) #2

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by domdec314, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. domdec314

domdec314 Supporting Member

I managed to finish it faster than I thought :D

Here is my second viva Analog 360+ preamp pedal. As I've said before, this is a replica of the famous Acoustic 360 preamp. This was designed by jcm at viva Analog and assembled by myself. The label is my design. Unlike the last pedal, this one has never been used other than for testing. It has never left my house.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Despite it's small size, this is the full Acoustic 360 preamp with some minor changes. A Blend knob was added so you can blend the clean sound into the Fuzz sound. A Pad switch was added for those who find the headroom too low. The cut/boost range of the Effect knob (mid control) was slight increased. The mute button has an optical-based circuit that completely eliminates any clicking sounds.

There are three trim pots on the inside. One controls the output level. One controls how much the Pad switch drops the input volume. One controls the brightness of the LED when the pedal is muted. I have them more or less set in the middle, but they can easily be adjusted to your liking.

One thing I forgot to mention last time that I need to make clear: this is designed to be used as an always-on preamp. There's no bypass button.

I made sure to use quality parts when I built this. A Hammond case, metal knobs, Military-spec Switchcraft jacks, Carling switches, C&K switches, Lorlin switch, a germanium transistor for the fuzz, Nichicon Muse and Fine Gold caps, NP0 ceramic caps. Included with the pedal is the recommended 24v PSU, made by Triad.

Here's a short demo of the pedal: (The first phrase is my bass without the preamp, for comparison)

This is the clip from my last pedal, but they sound exactly the same.

There are some small blemishes in the label. They're very minor.

I'm asking $300 shipped OBO.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  2. domdec314

Another quick one :D

Sale pending...
  3. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Disclosures:
    El Presidente of Sanford and Sonny Audio Weapons (Bluebeard Fuzz)
    Looks awesome but the label is genius.
  4. JamesHommersen

JamesHommersen

This is really cool, I have the 360 Standalone fuzz and love it.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I think this young man might be on to something.
  7. domdec314

Thanks for the compliment guys! I spent a lot of time in Photoshop designing that label.
  8. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    John K Custom Basses
    Dom not only did a great job on the logo but on the build of the actual pedal as well. my buddy Mark (also a TB member) bought the first one from him, then loaned it to me to evaluate it, and it's a great sounding pedal. so much so, that I also built one for myself. IME, these are a pretty complicated pedal to build so Dom's asking price is a steal for one. if you're going for the vintage acoustic 360's tone, this is a great way to get it.
  9. domdec314

This pedal is officially SOLD.

A quick note: I've secured four more circuit boards. I can't afford to keep a stock of parts so I'm going to prebuild one more pedal. Those interested can contact me about having one built on a per-order basis.
  10. Johno Dunn

Johno Dunn

How much for a pre-order and is it possible to have a by pass added?

J!
  11. domdec314

Those interested in placing an order will need to PM me to discuss the price.

As far as the bypass goes, I'll have to see if its possible to squeeze it in. There's practically no wasted space in this pedal. If I can, it'll be an extra charge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.