Volume pedal help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Diegol, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Diegol

Diegol

Hello

I've been thinking about getting a volume pedal so I can have more control over my presence in rehersals and maybe live

I hear Earnie Ball is pretty good by I dont know which one to get since they have this active and passive models plus 25k and 250k difference.

Can someone please help?

I want to put it at the beggining of the path which include a Micro Pog, Chorus, Compresos and a couple of distortions, all of which are splitted into both channels of my Ampeg V4B.

For basses i use an Ovation Typhoon and a Jaguar which can be run as an active bass

Thanks

2. lwknives

lwknives

I have the passive one, I have used it as the first thing in my signal path and the last thing in my signal path. Worked great for both. I have also ran it in the FX loop on my Dual Rectifier. Worked great for that. Ive used it for both passive and active instruments including both guitar and bass. I havnt had any problems with it other than the no slip pad falling off after about a week.
    Id say just buy one and if it doesnt meet your needs return it for something else.

3. Got2SadowskyNYC

Got2SadowskyNYC

Disclosures:
    Artist: Sadowsky, Bag End, Visual Sound, Pedaltrain, George L
    I HIGHLY recommend the Visual Sound Visual Volume. Zero tone lose. Easy to change the pot. Stereo. Up to 20bd of clean boost. LEDs so you know exactly where you're to volumes are (Sound guys love this).

I have several friends that are EB endorsers that no longer use their volume because the pot changeing alone.

Steve Vai doesn't use his signature volume.

The VV is a supriour product, with more features, better sound for only slightly more money.