Voodoo Lab Pedal power ISO-5 or Pedal Power 2+?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by michaelstrand, Dec 25, 2013.

?

Voodoo Lab PP2+ or PP Iso-5?

1. PP2+

11 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. ISO-5

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. michaelstrand

michaelstrand

I need to power these four pedals:

TC Electronic Polytune>Diamond Bass Comp(18v)>Aguilar Tone Hammer(18v)>EHX Bass Micro Synth

Which power supply would be best for my needs? I may end up adding a fuzz or drive later on, which would be 9v of course.

Can the 5 and 6 outputs of the PP2+ power two 18v pedals? if not I would need to order the Y-shaped 2-to-1 cables to use two outputs to power each of the 18v pedals.

I also looked at the Pedal Power 4x4 but it seems a bit overkill for only four pedals...

I'd appreciate any thoughts/comments/advice!

Bonus Q- would you put the bass comp before or after the Tone Hammer and why?
  2. gully_jones

gully_jones Stone cold groovy man Supporting Member

Voted for PP2 but recommend 4X4. I love my ISO 5. That said I had to buy a second ISO 5 to deal with pedal sprawl. Wished I had just bought the 4X4 to begin with
  3. audioslaveoz

audioslaveoz Supporting Member

Had to eventually get the PP2 and just wished I had bought that in the first place. The extra inch of space you save with the ISO5 isn't worth the money you'll lose when you end up needing to upgrade.
  4. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Non Serviam Supporting Member

No, none of the outputs by themselves can deliver 18v. You can use a Y-cable for each pedal, using two outputs for each pedal, but first you need to check the draw requirements of those pedals (expressed in mA). Bridging two outputs with the Y-cable allows you to add the voltages together, but the draw doesn't work that way. Two 100mA outputs bridged together is still 100mA. Most of the outputs on the PP2+ are 100mA. 5 and 6 are 250mA.

Hope this helps.
  5. Register to disable this ad