Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 courtesy outlet

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by michinho, Oct 25, 2013.

1. michinho

michinho Supporting Member

Hi all,

In relation to an earlier thread that i posted yesterday.

I have been looking to power a 12v AC pedal with a tube inside and fit the power supply underneath my Pedaltrain Jnr.

I noticed the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 has a courtesy outlet that I could possibly use.

The only problem here is the hole in the Jnr isn't big enough to fit the wall wart in to connect it to the Pedal Power.

Basically my question is, how do you guys get around this?

I know you can buy adapters, but i'm based over in the UK and I think our plug sockets for wall warts might be different over here?
    Can anyone show me some adapters I could possibly use that would work with a UK adapter? really need help on this one big time! I need to power my pedals and this has been the biggest stumbling block! :( :help:

Thanks,
  2. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses/Genz Benz - RIP/Mojo Hand FX
    I mounted a three outlet extension cord under the board and plugged the PP2+ and my wall wart into it...This still left me the courtesy outlet available for other things, like a fan, other pedals, etc. I've even used the courtesy outlet to power another pedal board (guitar player on my side of the stage). Note this was on a PT-1, not a PT-jr...There was enough room so that I didn't have to raise the board by replacing the feet or anything.

I have also used a ground lift and just plugged it into the courtesy outlet then plugged a wart into it. Something like this:

Attached Files:

3. michinho

How did you go about mounting all of that?
  4. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I drilled holes in the frame of the board and used the plastic cable mounting loops...ran the cable through the mounting loop and screwed it into the frame to hold it in place.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. michinho

Do you know where I can buy that? I'm guessing the male end goes into the outlet on the pedal power? and the female end is for the wall wart?
  7. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    any hardware store, any store like a Walmart, Target, etc...Ground lifts are even sold (here in the US) in grocery stores, drug stores, etc...

here is something similar to what I used to mount the extension cord under my board (note I also put velcro on the back side of the outlet housing to secure it to the frame):

Attached Files:

8. michinho

Ok nice one. I need to find a plug adapter that is small enough to fit in the hole on the pedaltrain and will work with the pedalpower and wall wart. For use in the UK of course.
  9. Testing123

Testing123 Eschew obfuscation Supporting Member