Vox AmPlug vs AmPhones

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Leedleleedlele, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Leedleleedlele

Leedleleedlele

Hey guys, I'm really looking into getting one of these for practice and travel, but I already have really nice sony headphones that I carry everywhere. Would it be worth the extra money for the AmPhones? I guess I'm also asking if the headphones part of the AmPhones is specially designed for bass frequency or whatever (I obviously dont know what im talking about here) and also would the AmPlug sound alright through a small/medium speaker (I know some quality will be lost) or just headphones

2. RS

RS Supporting Member

IME no. Actually like the sound of an Amplug better.

3. chinmullet

chinmullet

If you already have appropriate headphones, get the AmPlug.

I have the AmPhones. It's convenient to plug and play, but the build quality and sound quality should be much better for $100. Very plasticky and cheap feeling. Also, the controls are on the sides of the headphones, and very tiny, so unless you're a better man than I, you'll have to take them off to make sound adjustments. Sound-wise is meh.

They were a gift. If they break, I certainly would not spend $100 of my own money to buy again.

4. Leedleleedlele

Leedleleedlele

Thanks guys, that's the direction I was leaning, and you pushed me of the edge

5. Register to disable this ad