1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

VOX StompLab IB

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fleizenkruz, Dec 10, 2012.

1. fleizenkruz

fleizenkruz

Anyone toyed with this? Got one while on a business trip to Singapore last weekend. It's cheap, only 67 singaporean dollar.

The content is suspiciously resemble Zoom B2. I had to turn down the volume on my SUB Ray4 to about a half to get it working decently, otherwise it's the classic case of having a hot output from your bass.

It's small enough to go into my pedalboard, although I have to take my exp pedal out to make room for it. Use it mainly for the reverb and tremolo, since those 2 are what my pedalboard is lacking of.

Reverb : only 3 modes. Room, Spring, Hall. It doesn't get far with the wetness, unlike my previous Biyang Reverb (which is sold because the size is too big)

Tremolo : well, it's your standard tremolo with Depth and Rate parameter, only 1 mode which is the sine wave mode.

Gonna try it on tonight's rehearsal and tomorrow night's gig :bassist:
  2. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

Hehe citymusic is having their year end sales :):). Going to buy some pedals there too.
  3. fleizenkruz

fleizenkruz

hahaha yeah, got it from City Music :D also got a red korg pitchblack (they should rename it to pitchred :D ) for Sing$63 too
  4. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Hmm. Just looking at the vox product page and description. The effects list looks suspiciously like their parent company Korg's, now discontinued AX3B/AX5B.
  5. fleizenkruz

fleizenkruz

Could be just a rehousing project by Korg :D

So i tried it at the rehearsal last night, and i've decided to take it out from the pedalboard for the time being. The reason is because it inflicts feedback way too many times. I have turned down the volume on the bass and on the stomplab setting, still no change. It sounds okay when used with headphones, it just doesn't match well with my high gain rig. Can't risk tonight's gig using it. Oh well, at least I have a compact practice unit for cheap :cool:
  6. firsttimecaller

firsttimecaller

I have a Stomplab 2B and I'll assume yours is much the same.

Page 12 of the manual: 'Selecting the type of device you'll be connecting to". In case you don't have a manual: flick the program dial to Global and select 'Amp' when using your amp. Return the setting to Line when using headphones.

Let me know if this works.
  7. fleizenkruz

fleizenkruz

Thanks, mate. Yes it's the same unit, only mine is without the expression pedal

Did change all the presets to Amp and push the main level back to 5 (the default is 7). Sounds okay now :)

Still this is gonna be my "headphone amp" until I get my dedicated reverb and tremolo pedal.
  8. vampirou

vampirou

hey guys,

as I was saying on another thread without luck, I still cannot seem to find the amp selector menu. I can change the low, medium, hi settings on the amps but not the amp themselves (those with the number 1 to 7 on the appendix pages, that is marshall, orange, etc...)

any help would be much appreciated !
  9. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

You know...I would agree that the vox stomplab Ib/IIb seems like a rehousing version of the korg ax3b/ax5x. the effects, amps and cab models seems very similar. I originally did thought of purchasing one just out of curiosity. perhaps I would purchase one someday and see how it is. and also I was thinking of recording sound samples of the vox stomplab and post it on my soundclick website. if anyone here requests that I should record sound samples of the vox stomplab bass multi-effects processor, I can do that no problem. here's my soundclick website where I record sound samples of certain multi-effects processors.

www.soundclick.com/crystalman85

Feel free to check it out.