1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

VT Bass + Aphex?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mastathump, Jul 12, 2011.

1. mastathump

mastathump

So, I've been wondering. Has anyone tried this out? VT Bass + Aphex? :hyper:
  2. audiomitch

audiomitch

An aural exciter? I really don't think you'd need one with a VT pedal. It would be fun to experiment, though.
  3. mastathump

mastathump

Yeah! That one! But I guess VT Bass + an Aphex Aural would be too much coloration and the integrity of my bass's tone would be affected too much. 8D
  4. scHism

scHism

Hello pre, saw Inxc's ad at BP, thinking of buying it to but opted not to, since my M80 would cover it. audiomitch is right, it would be too much coloration.
  5. Feral Feline

Feral Feline

Too much colouration? Not if that's what you're after for "that" sound (f)or a part, song, solo, signature, whatever...

If it flips your switch, go for it. It's all good. Trust your ears & gut.
  6. Meskel

Meskel

Just picked up an Aphex Big Bottom/ Exciter today for $50.
    Also run a VT in my mix.
    Pure Heaven.....
    My kinda tone...
    aaahhhhhhhhh_
  7. oldcatfish

oldcatfish

I often run the Aphex simulation from my Zoom ms60b into my VT pedal. It sounds great with all of my basses. I would think that the real thing would sound even better.
  8. Meskel

Meskel

Depends on what you like. I have '69 EB3 with Fender rounds, '89 Stingray with a Bart strung with Elixir rounds, '90 PBass with D'Addario rounds or flats depending on the project, Ibanez Acoustic with Thomastick bronze, '80's Godin semi acoustic fretless w/piezo with nylon tapewounds and Sterling SUB 5 with super light D'addario nickel coated. Each bass has a particular voice and character and using the Aphex and VT in unison adds to the color palette of each instrument as much or as little as I want. Not to mention the dimensions I can now get with my other effects (Chorus/delay/dist/wah)
    The projects I am involved in range from quiet folk to screaming metal so the recent addition of the Aphex is my best pedal purchase since the VT. Once I get a Ghost Echo I am complete (for now)