1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

VT bass or VT bass DI?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by REV, Dec 10, 2013.

1. REV

REV Supporting Member

Other than the DI are there any major sonic differences between these two pedals?
  2. jacksonev94

jacksonev94 Supporting Member

The regular stompbox version has no "blend" knob to control the wet/dry signal ratio, which is a big deal for some players. The DI has a few extra switches that affect the sound, as well.
  3. scottfeldstein

scottfeldstein Supporting Member

I haven't looked at gear or even visited these forums in many, many months...but the sudden appearance of the VT Bass DI has me thinking about flipping my MXR M80 and picking one of these up. :)
  4. Randy S

Randy S

I've had a VT Bass DI and I like it.

I can get the sound I want (warm tube emulation) out of it, and it also does dirt for the dirt lovers.

The blend control would be the tiebreaker for me, that's for sure.
  5. oldcatfish

oldcatfish

I have the regular version 2. It's great, but had they had the DI version out when I bought it, I would have chosen it instead. The blend feature, plus the xlr out make it worth the extra money.
  6. Fair Warning

Fair Warning Supporting Member

I've had the V1, and now the VTDI. I really like the blend knob which allows your guitar's character to come through to the degree of your liking. The "Bite" and "Speaker Emulation" switches add some added instant sound change capability.
  7. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

How is the DI when the pedal is disengaged? I've owned several Tech 21 products with XLR outs, but I can't remember how I liked the DI when the Sansamp circuit was bypassed (i.e. footswitch is in the off position).