1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

vt bass or zoom B3?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by guylewis, Feb 21, 2014.

1. guylewis

guylewis

Disclosures:
    owner, bassguitarthumbrests.com & classicguitarboxes.com
    Apologies if this has already been asked.

Based purely on Ampeg SVT sounds, which is the most authentic sounding?

B3 or VT Bass?
  2. johnbegone

johnbegone Supporting Member

Those are radically different pedals. If all you want is an Ampeg emulator I would encourage you to look at the VT, SFT, Flipster, and the Swell B-Peg.

If you want a multi effect anyway, the B3 can't be beat and has pretty good modeling as well.
  3. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

I've had both and IMO, the Zoom B3 nails the Ampeg sound is is the better value.
  4. AlexBassMP

AlexBassMP

As johnbegone says , they are two different pedals.

I have a Zoom MS60B which has the same B3's SVT emulation... It sounds good.. I don't know how close VT bass is...
  5. CharlieC

CharlieC Supporting Member

I have the VT Bass, Zoom B3, and Zoom MS-60B

IMHO, the MS-60B will get you there for under $100 and in a single-pedal form factor, with dozens of other effect models and a tuner included.

Cheers!
  6. Swift713

Swift713

I've never played through an actual Ampeg so I don't know which is "closer" to the real deal but here goes.

I had the VT briefly, I couldn't get much that I liked out if it. I probably didn't give it enough time.

I had the SFT for a while and I really liked it. It took a little while to find the sound I liked but then I really liked it a lot. It has that touch response.

I still have the B3 because it pretty much gets the sound I liked from the SFT plus a whole lot more. My main goto sound is the fliptop model (which doesn't break up) and I use a separate overdrive pedal for dirt. However, the SVT model is quite nice and Ive used that quite a bit as well.
  7. guylewis

guylewis

Disclosures:
    owner, bassguitarthumbrests.com & classicguitarboxes.com
    Thanks everyone - food for thought.
  8. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

When considering between the 60B or the B3 .. think of the B3 as 3 60Bs bolted together in one box.. with a bit more features..
  9. oldcatfish

oldcatfish

I have an MS60b and a VT. I also have played through Ampeg amps. The VT is closer. But, if you could only have one, get the MS60b. It gets fairly close and has a ton of other useful sounds, plus a decent tuner.
  10. Rocksolid

Rocksolid

I have a VT bass deluxe, B3, and MS-60B. Love all 3. Based on just getting the Ampeg sound, I think the VT gets there easier and better. However, the B3 is so much more.. my fave set up currently is VT bass deluxe, with the MS-60B in the effects loop. You seriously don't need anything else.