1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

VT Bass Pedal Switch

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Kuchar, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Kuchar

Kuchar

Does anyone know where I could buy a replacement VT Bass Pedal switch? The one I have doesn't seem to be functioning properly.

If I push it 20 times it will probably turn on once. And then I have to push it another 20 times to turn it off.

I have the pedal taken apart and I've never seen a switch like that before..

Also, is there any chance it just needs to be cleaned?

Thank you!

2. insomniac2295

insomniac2295

What's the switch look like? I might have a few lying around that I could just mail to you

3. VanillaThundah

VanillaThundah Straight out a donkey's mouth Supporting Member

Get in touch with Tech 21 about it. I hear amazing things about their customer service and I'm sure they will be happy to help you out.

4. Kuchar

Kuchar

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

7. tech21nyc

tech21nyc

Disclosures:
    Manufacturer: Tech 21
    The switch on our pedals is an actuator that engages the switch on the circuit board. Here is some information from our tech support team.

If you still can't make it work or the tact switch is broken, please contact us. http://www.tech21nyc.com/support/index.html

8. Massimo636

Massimo636

Mine was doing the exact same thing a while back. I can't remember exactly how I fixed, but it was easy. It involved taking the plate off of the back and spraying some electronics contact cleaner on some part of the switch and pressing it a few times. Worked like a charm.