1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Wading through the mud...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Mossiebass, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Mossiebass

Mossiebass

What pickups would be a good replacement for an Epiphone EB0, something to add more clarity? All I can hear is mud.
  2. punisher911

punisher911

I've heard/read somewhere that the Dimarzio Model One is a good replacement.. I think that's what it's called.
  3. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

The Model One was designed as a direct replacement for the 1960's series Gibby mudbuckers. It is somewhat less woofy but it's still a low frequency heavy pickup. It does sound more contemporary.

Please search TB for "dimarzio model one" and you'll find discussions which mention it.
  4. Stealth

Stealth Supporting Member

An Epiphone EB0 pickup is also a good replacement, as it's much less muddy but still deep.
    Edit: ignore the above - you've started with one, and I misread, thinking you had a Gibson EB0.

You can also find a pickup winder to unwind the pickup a bit (at least by half) to tame the mud a bit and restore clarity. Or you can wire the coils in parallel which will instantly take boominess away.
  5. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Try a Ric toaster or or high gain.

[​IMG]