1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Wah: New or Used

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by southpaw723, Nov 28, 2013.

1. southpaw723

southpaw723

I'm getting myself a Dunlop bass wah. They are $120.00 new and $70.00 used at GC. I'm just not sure about getting a used pedal.
  2. DannyBob

DannyBob

Dunlop pedals are so robust (especially the wahs) with their metal cases that I personally wouldn't mind going used. Especially at $70.00, which is a brilliant deal IMO. Over the pond here in the UK they are around £98.00 ($160)
  3. jtroska

jtroska

I always buy pedals used because I don't mind little scuffs on something I'm just going to stomp with a boot. I bought a used Crybaby and it works great. Haven't had a problem with any of my used pedals yet.
  4. southpaw723

southpaw723

Thanks guys I think I'm going with the used one.
  5. Basshappi

Basshappi

Crybabys are pretty much indestructable.
  6. aaron1433

aaron1433 Supporting Member

Used ought to be fine, but there are moving parts so they're a little bit more vulnerable. Most people use pedal boards these days so chances are its fine.
  7. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Make sure the on/off switch engages easily. They can get harder to stomp on and off over the years. Mine is 10 years old and is basically unusable.

These pedals are not indestructible, but should last many years if you a properly functioning one.