Wah's that turn on when you touch them?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by smo, Nov 22, 2012.

1. smo

smo

Hi all,

Looking to try something...
    I've had my trusty Dunner's 105Q since '98.
    Never ever left my pedalboard in that entire time, other than to mod or fix it.
    It's without doubt the best pedal I've ever owned for reliablility too.

But....
    When I use the sucker down low on the frets, it doesn't really do much. (I play flats) I do solo quite a bit up high, and for that it's killer.
    I'm wondering what other options are out there, that could give me the "mwah" when I'm playing a low groove, without going the filter/autowah route?

Cheer.
  2. vbchaos

vbchaos

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    what exactly is it you are looking for? A WahWah that turn on when you touch it is e.g. the Morley BassWah - Or (sorry) the Behringer Hellbabe. They activate automatically when you move the pedal a bit. There are other options for this as well - G-Lab has a plate available on which you put your Wah in activated mode. You need a G-Lab looper system for this of course - as soon as you put your foot on the pedal the plate detects the weight and activates the Wah loop.
    I have the Morley Wah myself - I really like the auto-on function. Never could make a dunlop switch system work out for me.
  3. Low Sound Love

Low Sound Love

The Crybaby bass wah also engages as soon as you start rocking it.
  4. fasto

fasto

i have 2 great wahwahs (GLAB BASS WOWEE-WAH BWW-1 and MSD QuakeMachine) that turn on when you touch them ... maybe you have never heard of them before, because the 1st one is kind of unknown and the 2nd one is expensive, both produced in europe (poland / germany) ... search this forum for both wahs ... there you´ll find more infos and happy users:

1. http://www.glab.com.pl/bass_wowee-wah_en
    2. http://silvermachine.de/en/quake.htm
  5. crapusername

crapusername

Disclosures:
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    Also the ibanez weeping demon has a switch to allow auto switching
  6. alec

alec

I've got the MSD QuakeMachine (and I'm in Perth). If I didn't have that, I'd check out the Weeping Demon.
  7. Bur

Bur

I dig my G-Lab Bass Wowee-Wah... I ordered it simultaneously with Crybaby Bass, and tested them in close comparison... I chose then the G-lab: I liked more the quality of "quack" & offered tone options: such as range, amount of resonance etc. Also I didn't like that Crybaby's effect disengages the second after you stomp off the pedal.

I doubt that any wah-pedal shall do much on most low notes, 'cause resonance on lowest frequencies doesn't produce the bright "quack". More like on mids. I play A-E-A-D and as for G-Lab - it "quacks" pretty smacky on all standart note-band (from about E & higher) & on lower notes (from A to about E on lowest string) the effect is rather subtle with clean sound, but with dist it sounds bright just everywhere... So that's my couple of words for G-lab, just dont think about to try anything else.
  8. Bur

Bur

Dudes, just registered here. Can I start a new thread? Can't find that option. Sorry for offtop.
  9. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

I think you may have to post in X number of threads before you start you own??
  10. mtshaw315

mtshaw315

I use an Ibanez Weeping Demon. I have it set for the auto on. I like this wah a lot. I think it performs better than the Dunlop, I used to have one. The Wowee wah is amazing, I just can't afford one. Haha

Hope this helps
  11. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

No, you have to start a new thread in the thread list, it is at the top of the listing. You cannot start a new thread from within another.
  12. necropain

necropain

i would have to recomend the weeping demon i use one all the time and it sounds just about perfect for what your looking for
  13. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    When I use my Dunlop 105Q I use a G-Lab Wah pad.

This video explains what the pedal pad does.

You don't need the G Lab looper system. All you have to do is put your wah pedal on the pedal pad and you're ready to go.

I also use the G-Lab Bass Wowee bass wah pedal.

G-Lab endorser.
  14. Bur

Bur

Thanks, DIM! I just can't find such an option, wherever I go on this forum. It seems that Gadgetjunky is right, and I should unleash some activity around here.
  15. vbchaos

vbchaos

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    Didn't know that - thanks for explaining :)
  16. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:

You're very we;come.
  17. fivestringgecko

fivestringgecko Supporting Member

Is there a particular reason you use both? The 105Q already has auto on/off... I thought maybe you're using the Wah Pad for the true bypass, but I didn't think the 105Q's bypass was that bad when I owned one.

5sg.
  18. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:

Using the 105Q with the wah pad adds more clarity and the 105Q is not true bypass.

I use both the 105Q and the G Lab bass wah because they sound different and I like the way they sound in different settings.

Dunlop/MXR and G Lab endorser.
  19. fivestringgecko

fivestringgecko Supporting Member

Hmm... Thanks for the info, kind of what I figured.

5sg.