Waiting on that call..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by madman4string, Apr 10, 2014.

1. So, I've been basically unemployed for almost two months. Kind of a mix of not getting some jobs I went after and not wanting some that were offered. Fortunately, I am in a semi decent position financially that there was not an issue with bills and such.

On a whim, I took a part time gig at a local company. Mainly because I was getting bored. Turns out, what a great day I had the first day.

The area manager came in for a monthly inventory and to do some training. He was expressing his displeasure about having the inventory stuff thrown on him. I mentioned that the recently vacated position was exactly what I was looking for.

Fast forward a week to today. Met the owner and the CFO for an interview. Killed it. Job is right in my wheel house, we have the same goals, and a good friend works in the offices.

He just texted me and said they've ( the owner and the CFO ) been talking about the interview since I left. His office is right outside the owners. He says they were very impressed.

Now I'm just waiting on the call.....hate this part...
  2. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Good Luck!

I'm rooting for you
  3. ImNotJoel

Jan 12, 2014
    Better waiting for the got the job call then waiting for A job call.
  4. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Somewhere Far Beyond
    Uncompensated: Kalium Strings, Fractal Audio, Dingwall basses
    Nice. Hoping for the best for ya!
  5. Sponsored by:

6. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Houston, TX
  7. Good luck! Sometimes waiting around pays off.

8. Thanks everyone. Got the call today. Start in a week. Lovin life atm