1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Wal Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by eriky4003, Feb 1, 2013.

1. eriky4003

eriky4003

Someone in the Ottawa, Ont Canada is selling a 1990 Wal Bass for $4K. Obviously, not me (I wouldn't sell it if I had it). Anyone interested can check Kijiji (Cdn version of Craig's list?).
  2. joeyl

joeyl Supporting Member

3. Toolmybass

Toolmybass Supporting Member

4. eriky4003

eriky4003

Good luck, Toolmybass.
    Not sure if the seller knows about Talkbass and posted it in classifieds (I didn't look).
    Thought this community might care.
  5. VanillaThundah

VanillaThundah

Oh lord, please sand off that awful gloss black finish plz lol
  6. Toolmybass

That would be sacrilegious dude :rollno:

:bassist:
  7. Toolmybass

The pics on the kijiji ad are def the ones from Andrew's Wal blog. Not sure if its is a family member or a friend who posted the ad.

I will probably ask for a couple udated pics since these are from when Andrew first got the bass. Also informed seller that im within driving distance, but havent heard back as of yet.

Will keep you informed. I imagine if i dont hear back the bass will be have been sold already, or poster doesnt actually have this bass and will only "sell" it to someone that would involve shipping the bass rather than picking it up.

Im sure its not the latter....at least hoping anyways.
  8. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Sponsored by Jagermeister Supporting Member

Yeah it definitely appears to be pics of his bass...very old pics at that, so hopefully its a legit seller.
    Andrews trio:
    [​IMG]

Absurd! I have the same black bass, it's badass!
  9. VanillaThundah

VanillaThundah

....we'll chalk that up to YMMV :smug:
  10. Bass Viking

Bass Viking Gold Supporting Member

Hey Erik, I noticed you play with Where's Mike. Say Hi to your brother for me. He knows me from the "Mystery Band".

TBer Oddio passed away in December and his brother is selling off the gear. I don't know the brother, if he knows about Talkbass, or is even a musician for that matter.

I'm not in the market but I'm curious: how much for all three? :eek:
  11. Caca de Kick

4k is dirt cheap for a Geddy. I wouldn't even open the case for that.
  12. ENDEENDEA

ENDEENDEA

Any update on the Wal ??

I'de love to add a Wal ''Geddy'' to my arsenal if anyone knows of one for sale...

Thanks,, Alan,,,,,!!
  13. Papersen

Papersen Gold Supporting Member

I didn`t know he passed away.
    He was a great guy. RIP.
  14. Toolmybass

I'm going to look at the bass within the next week. The seller has had some trouble getting some updated pics for me. Turns out this Geddy has been "Mildly Abused" and was toured with (bands name on the non-wal case), symbol smashes on the neck....only 3 out of the 7 cover plate screws are in place, buckle rash....etc etc

So before I drive the 5.5hrs I need to decide what is my limit $ for this thing and I can't assess that until I see some pics.

There is a MKIII 5'er also avail that I might consider.
  15. ENDEENDEA

ENDEENDEA

Thanks for the update,,,it'll be interesting to see how ''tour abused '' it is,,,,,,let us know Toolmy bass,,,,

Thanks guy,,,,,,,Alan,,,,
  16. Toolmybass

Well I got some pics (in a poorly lit scene and not even in focus)
    So now I'm going to have to send him "examples" of the kind of pics that show what it needs to. :-(

Will let u know....they don't really want to mail any of Andy's gear, so I'm hoping they learn how to take pics if they have people driving hours and hours to look at this stuff
  17. ENDEENDEA

ENDEENDEA

Thanks again....I'de like to know what kind of shape it's in,,,,

Alan,,,,,,,,
  18. Toolmybass

Ok well Thursday is hopefully NBD! (Black Geddy)

I will be taking the guy who bought my MKI (Lacewood) and im almost 100% that he will buy it, if i dont. (still on the fence)

I have always wanted a MK 5'er so i may go with "Blondie"...but im a bit weary if i buy it and dont like it down the road, the custom neck p/u location may make it hard to sell.

Between that and purchasing the Olive girl and having Paul build me a new one...i may be Wal'ed out on the budget...lol

:hyper:
  19. Caca de Kick

Heh.... :cool:
  20. Toolmybass

Well i didnt imagine being able to take a pic of a "MK I,II,III Punch" but here are the ladies!
    [​IMG]
    Andy's (Oddio) brother and best friend commented that Andy would be very happy that 2 of his Wal's are going to a good home and not bought to be "flipped" or traded for something else. I brought a fellow "Wall'er" with me, as he was interested in buying the Wal that i didnt. So 2 days before we leave he informed me that his house taxes had been taken out of his account and didnt not have the $$ anymore. I still took him and "fronted" him the cash for the Geddy.

So essentially she is mine until he comes up with the money. (which im 100% comfortable that he will)

I do have another line on a Geddy and hopefully he will email me back soon...wink wink

:bassist: