1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Wal just listed on EvilBay...hello beautiful

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Toolmybass, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Toolmybass

Toolmybass Supporting Member

2. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Sponsored by Jagermeister Supporting Member

That's a purdy one! Love the skunk strip with that facing.

I wonder why he screwed in all the rear pickup poles all the way in. Why didn't he just adjust the pickup down?
  3. Toolmybass

Toolmybass Supporting Member

Thought same thing
  4. bigsnack

bigsnack Supporting Member

Actually, when I first started tinkering with the pickup adjustments, it wasn't clear to me that the entire pickup casing moved up and down. I started cranking on a few of the poles also before I realized that the whole shell can move. Maybe this person never figured that one out before tweaking it?
  5. kulit17

kulit17 Wal Collector #35 Supporting Member

:eek: wow indeed!!!!
  6. Musicman1901

Musicman1901 Supporting Member

WOW. That might be one of the most gorgeous Wal finishes I have ever seen. AND its a 1983. AND the price tag is more than reasonable. Somebody bring this bad boy to the US. If I had the money I would snatch this up so fast.
  7. TeeZeeMee90

TeeZeeMee90 Supporting Member

Whoa...thats reasonable? haha, It is gorgeous though. (P.S. I know nothing about these basses so dont flog me haha!)
  8. Musicman1901

Musicman1901 Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure the new price is somewhere around 6,000 (dont quote me on this) so Hell yeah this is reasonable
  9. TeeZeeMee90

TeeZeeMee90 Supporting Member

+1 on informing me, and WHOA... :eek:
  10. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

Yikenzee! That one is a beaut.

I bet most of us wish we'd have snagged a Wal back in the day, eh? I know I do.
  11. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Sponsored by Jagermeister Supporting Member

Current price for ordering a new MkI fretless with no options (chrome hardware and standard wood choices) is £3,650.00 GBP = $5,697.45 USD. Then you'll have shipping and Customs fee when it comes over.
    Considering the options the ebay bass has: birdseye maple facings with a skunk stripe, tinted finish, gold hardware, probably would push the price up another £500 if you were trying to build that same bass today. So roughly $6500 bucks before shipping and Customs.