1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Walkabout Scout Speaker Question

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by The Big Chief, Dec 18, 2013.

1. The Big Chief

The Big Chief

Could someone let me know how to remove the actual speaker from a scout 12" combo.

I actually just need to get access to the speaker cable connection. I'm having issues with the sound either disappearing completely or breaking up like a toasted speaker. I started doing a bit of troubleshooting by running the DI signal out with no speaker and the head seemed to be fine. I then plugged the speaker back in and what do you know but when I play around with the speaker cable running into the cabinet, there's the cutting in and out problem again.

So now I just want to lift the speaker out and check the connection, but after taking all the screws out the speaker doesn't seem to even budge. It almost seems like it's glued to the cabinet and I don't want to force anything.

What's mysteriously holding it in place?

Thanks
  2. Crabby

Crabby

The speaker does have a seal which. It will give way with some effort and you should be able to put it back in without any added rattling afterward. Just be careful. You should be able to use your fingers to slowly pry the driver loose but may need some hand tools if she wont budge.
  3. The Big Chief

The Big Chief

Thanks, I guess I'll give it another shot and see if I can find something to pry up the edges with.

I was thinking there would be a few more people with some thoughts given how much love there is for this amp on this site.
  4. Crabby

Crabby

Maybe a small slotted screw driver or a thin scraper. Its a little nerve racking at first but the driver does come out cleanly once you get that seal to give way. I have heard of the speaker cables lying against the paper cone inside some Scout cabs making you think the driver is faulty. Hope its something simple.