1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Walking 3 on dvd?

Discussion in 'Ask Todd Johnson' started by Laits, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Laits

Laits

Hi Todd,
    Do you have an update on when Walking 3 would be available on DVD?

2. Todd Johnson

Todd Johnson

It's available as a download only.....I don't anticipate manufacturing DVDs ever again......

Plus the info is EXACTLY the same.....we can keep the price down....this makes it accessible to more people.

Make sense???

3. Laits

Laits

What is the downoad's format? Can this be burnt to a dvd instead of having to watch from a computer?

4. Todd Johnson

Todd Johnson

You bet....it can be put on a regular DVD with standard DVD burning software.

Cool??

Cool....

:)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Laits

Laits

Great. Thats all I needed to know.

7. cybersnyder

cybersnyder Always groove.... Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Xsonics cabinets
    Heck yeah. I bought all three this weekend for little more than the price of one DVD.

8. Todd Johnson

Todd Johnson

9. cybersnyder

cybersnyder Always groove.... Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Xsonics cabinets
    I've skimmed the DVDs out of curiosity but I'm going modules by module, step by step even with the modules I think are easy. Make sure I have everything completely solid before moving on. But I can see that by the time you finish DVD 1 you're 60% of the way there. DVD 2 gets you 80% of the way there. DVD 3 lets you approach 90%. The last 10% is up to the individual's style and comes from experience once the grasshopper leaves the dojo. For $45 these are a steal. All the content you need is there, if you bring the motivation and dedication you'll exit the lessons with a very solid walking bass skill set.

The skill I need to figure out is how to get your first jazz gig. Just try to find people to jam with? In my area there are a limited number of jazz gigs and it seems like those are held by guys that hold the position until they end up in a box. Since they've been playing forever, most of them are really good so it's tough to go from lessons to gigs.