1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Walter Woods - Scematic diagram

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by BluesBass61, Nov 20, 2013.

1. BluesBass61

BluesBass61

I'm sorry to say I forgot to switch from 110V to 220V (I live in Norway) - therefore I blew my brand new Walter Woods Electroacoustic (WW003).

I need a Scematic diagram of these amps. Can anyone help me? Any tip where I can get a hold on or get a copy of these diagrams?

sincerely
    BluesBass61,
    Norway
  2. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

3. BluesBass61

BluesBass61

Thanks for your help!

BB61
  4. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Gold Supporting Member

PM Sent
  5. Mark Reccord

Mark Reccord

Getting WW schematics is really difficult. I have an old MI100 on my bench now and the schematic I have for it doesn't reflect what's actually inside it. I tried to call WW to no avail.
  6. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

+1 Very difficult to find, and even if you do, there are literally hundreds of variations among the Walters. If you remember, we had a 'post a picture of the inside of your Blue Light 1200' a few years ago, and EVERY single one (some made within 6 months of the other) looked from 'a little' to 'almost not the same amp' different inside.
  7. BluesBass61

BluesBass61

OK, maybe the best way is to send it to Walter to have him do the service?
    Only problem is to get his phone or adress..

BluesBass61
  8. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Someone can help you with the phone number. Walter is difficult to contact at this point, he takes months at a time off and shuts down his phone. Unfortunately, if you do get him, you will unfortunately be a bit shocked at the minimum charge at this point... more than most high end heads cost. Worth a try though. Do a search for the Walter mega thread, and you will find the phone number in there somewhere. Whether Walter will answer is a crap shoot.
  9. BluesBass61

BluesBass61

Ok, thanks for your help!

BluesBass61
  10. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Good luck!
  11. B String

B String Supporting Member

Like many people who live in the Palm Springs area, Walter usually leaves town for the hot months of the year. He's almost always back in October, so he should be there now.
  12. BluesBass61

BluesBass61

ok, thanks - I'll try to get to him.
    BB61
  13. interp

interp Gold Supporting Member

Walter has definitely not moved. I was in Palm Desert a few days ago and he very kindly repaired my stereo WW on the same day I brought it to his house. I cannot speak for where he may physically located during the hot months in PD, when the daily highs rarely are below 100 F.

He is in excellent health and remarried a few months ago. No guarantees, of course, but my impression is that Walter will be around for quite a few years.
  14. BluesBass61

BluesBass61

Thanks a lot - maybe I'll just look him up - just that it's kind of expensive to "just take the trip" - when I'm lokated in Norway.
    Anyhow - I'm thankful that you gave me the tip.

sincerely;
    BluesBass61
  15. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Gold Supporting Member

+1 I believe he hightails it to the mountains, in the summer, he repaired mine last July and turned it around in about a week, just before he headed out for vacation. The service charge is routinely $600.00 (including return shipping) these days. So you want to be sure that your amps is worth the investment, I felt that mine definitely was.

Thats a hopeful note, as there are lots of Woods amps out their and, if Talkbass is any indication, the need for repairs tend to come in waves. All of a sudden three or four people will come on to the threads and request his contact information. It's nice to know that has a partner again.

Ric