1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Walter Woods

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Treyzer, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Treyzer

Treyzer

Is it possible that a Walter Woods Amp can start to lose power? It seems my volume settings have increased but the volume seems about the same. Or could it possibly be a Full Circle PU problem? Any thoughts?
  2. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Gold Supporting Member

Treyzer,
    Well, that's certainly never been my experience with either my Woods MI-400-8 or Electroacoustic Ultra. I've had two different Realist (Copper Foil) pickups loose their output at around 4 years of use, and have to be replaced, so it's quite possible that the Full Circle is having a problem. It's easily tested with a different bass and a Full Circle, that's working properly. If that's not the problem, then I suppose it's possible that the Woods is having problems. I have had to use CAGI Deoxit on the pots in the Woods on a couple of occasions to clean them.

Ric
  3. Treyzer

Treyzer

Thanks Ric. That's very helpful. I think the Full Circle is only about 2 years old. I don't think it would fail that quickly.
  4. shwashwa

shwashwa

piezo elements can be delicate sometimes. ive had a barbara pickup crap out a total of 5 or 6 times (i had one on 3 different basses at one time, no more...)
  5. KUNGfuSHERIFF

KUNGfuSHERIFF

The oldest Woods amp I've owned was made in 1972, and it worked perfectly when I sold it in 2003. I'm also thinking the problem lies elsewhere in the signal chain.
  6. Greg Clinkingbeard

Greg Clinkingbeard

Disclosures:
    Setup and repair/KRUTZ Strings
    Are you sure there are no gaps between the top (unthreaded side) of the FC and bridge. IME, ANY gap will reduce volume.
  7. Jake deVilliers

Jake deVilliers Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner of The Bass Spa, String Repairman at Long & McQuade Vancouver
    TREY, you're finally getting old! :D
  8. Treyzer

Treyzer

I resemble that remark..:cool::bag::cool:

Thanks guys for all the help. Guess I'll be looking at the Full Circle first.
  9. MR PC

MR PC

4 speakers in that Big E cabinet..if a driver has failed, you'd lose volume. I say this because I had a similar problem with a 4 x 6" bass cabinet.