1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Wampler to release bass effects soon!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by villhelmromero, Feb 27, 2014.

1. villhelmromero

villhelmromero

Oct 12, 2013
    austin
    I have asked and they told me "bass pedals to come out soon" so... I'm super exited. they make the best guitar pedals out there IMO. yes you'll spend $200 on an EGO compressor but it's the best damn stomp box compressor out there. works great for guitar and bass. I already use my ego, triple wreck, and faux tape echo for Guitar and bass. anyway. just got exited.

2. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Disclosures:
    John K Custom Basses
    I'm a big fan of Brian's pedals too, so this is great news. I thought about getting one of his ego comps, but when I got the diamond comp and the origin effects cali76, my comp quest was over.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

4. villhelmromero

villhelmromero

Oct 12, 2013
    austin
    if you haven't tried the ego I would. its so amazing both on bass and guitar. the only other comp I would use and use to have is the pigtronix philosopher's tone. I really liked the dirt knob. perfect alex lifeson fly by night sound

5. jj4001

jj4001

Dec 27, 2010
    Providence, RI
    Great news. Hoping they develop a bass preamp/DI.

6. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Disclosures:
    John K Custom Basses
    I have a philosopher's twin germanium, and while I like it a lot, I prefer the diamond and the cali76. I don't doubt that the ego is very good, but I really don't think that it's in the same league as a cali76 which almost rivals my Urie 1176LN.

7. thebreakman

thebreakman \m/ Supporting Member

long time user of his guitar pedals when I played guitar mainly. now that Ive concentrated on bass, look forward to seeing him release some bass pedals.