1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Want a louder amp with same tone as ampeg ba108

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by southpaw723, Jan 25, 2014.

1. southpaw723

southpaw723

I absolutely love the tone I get with my small ampeg combo. But of course it's only 25 watts. Anybody familiar with the amp know anything gig worthy with a similar tone? Other Ampeg stuff is a bit too pricey for me, but I have some interest in the pf-350 and pf-500 and possibly gk or the new fender rumble 500. I like a "trebley" tone without a real boomy bass. Any suggestions?

2. Goldmember

Goldmember

The Ampeg BA-115HP will meet these requirements nicely. :) The only reason I went with the BG250 over the Ampeg was because of my very specific needs when using my U-Bass. Otherwise, I would have chosen the HP.

3. Grissle

Grissle

Amped maybe has done the best job of retaining their signature vibe throughout their product range. So you generally can't go wrong choosing any Ampeg product.

4. southpaw723

southpaw723

I heard that the pf500 can be pretty unreliable and cut out. I'm still interested in the portaflex series though, the pf500 with the 2x10 cab.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    I'd say that would sound pretty close to a BA108. Goes a little deeper in the lows than the BA108 but you'd probably dig that anyway. RE: cutouts, it's had a couple revisions that fixed whatever problem it had with cutouts, so if you go with one new or made in the last year, you should be good with it.