1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

WANTED: Bass Strings

Discussion in 'Wanted: Double Basses, Amps, & Accessories' started by jkallen83, Aug 23, 2013.

1. jkallen83

jkallen83

0   0   0

right now, ive got the strings that a friend set up on my bass last year, i told him to put on whatever he uses. I have Innovation Rockabilly strings on there which are medium tension.

i dont play hard and want to try a light tension string to try to get the "slap" between notes. the strings i have now take me playing harder than i naturally do so i want to "try" some light tension.

not looking into fancy slapping, just the single slap between notes...

so im wanting to get a set of light tension strings, cheap as possible to try. im interested in the Innovation silver/gold slaps....but open to any light tension set of strings.

i play country/bluegrass/rockabilly type music so i dont own or use a bow. i really like tone and like a clean tone, but just want to try a set of light tension strings for the slap...

if anyone has a set of light tension strings pretty cheap, let me know. as yall know, at $100+ per set of strings, you can't really afford to just to buy several sets of strings to "try".

thanks.
  2. eub_player

eub_player

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

Disclosures:
    Formerly known as Francois Blais...
  3. KUNGfuSHERIFF

KUNGfuSHERIFF

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Doublebasschat.com pretty much died when the Facebook group Upright Bass Players' Union was created a year or two ago. We all just shifted over. If you're on Facebook look up that group and ask to join. A lot of us have pretty serious string addictions, and buying and selling within that group is encouraged by the moderators.
  4. eub_player

eub_player

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

Disclosures:
    Formerly known as Francois Blais...
    Thanks for the tip! Just asked to join! :)
    Did you get the FD string and MO by the way?
  5. KUNGfuSHERIFF

KUNGfuSHERIFF

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Be careful, things get a little crazy I've there.

I did receive both, and will be taking the follow-up steps we discussed very soon. Thank you for asking.