1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

WANTED: Bass Strings

Discussion in 'Wanted: Double Basses, Amps, & Accessories' started by jkallen83, Aug 23, 2013.

1. jkallen83

jkallen83

right now, ive got the strings that a friend set up on my bass last year, i told him to put on whatever he uses. I have Innovation Rockabilly strings on there which are medium tension.

i dont play hard and want to try a light tension string to try to get the "slap" between notes. the strings i have now take me playing harder than i naturally do so i want to "try" some light tension.

not looking into fancy slapping, just the single slap between notes...

so im wanting to get a set of light tension strings, cheap as possible to try. im interested in the Innovation silver/gold slaps....but open to any light tension set of strings.

i play country/bluegrass/rockabilly type music so i dont own or use a bow. i really like tone and like a clean tone, but just want to try a set of light tension strings for the slap...

if anyone has a set of light tension strings pretty cheap, let me know. as yall know, at $100+ per set of strings, you can't really afford to just to buy several sets of strings to "try".

thanks.
  2. eub_player

eub_player

Disclosures:
    Formerly known as Francois Blais...
  3. KUNGfuSHERIFF

KUNGfuSHERIFF

Doublebasschat.com pretty much died when the Facebook group Upright Bass Players' Union was created a year or two ago. We all just shifted over. If you're on Facebook look up that group and ask to join. A lot of us have pretty serious string addictions, and buying and selling within that group is encouraged by the moderators.
  4. eub_player

eub_player

Disclosures:
    Formerly known as Francois Blais...
    Thanks for the tip! Just asked to join! :)
    Did you get the FD string and MO by the way?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. KUNGfuSHERIFF

KUNGfuSHERIFF

Be careful, things get a little crazy I've there.

I did receive both, and will be taking the follow-up steps we discussed very soon. Thank you for asking.