1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Warm Squier?

Discussion in 'The Perfect Bass' started by Fedor Ivan, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Fedor Ivan

Fedor Ivan

Hey guys, sorry about my english, im chilean, and speak spanishh, and blablablah

My questioN: :p :bag:;)

¿Which of the Squier P-Basses (50's one, and 60's one) have the most warm (or warmer, i dont know) sound?

I am in troubles because i want to know a cheap bass with a warm sound to use in my band, and i need help. ehehee

Thanks fggy
  2. bass whaler

bass whaler

I'am not a fender guru, But for the biggest part they all sound good. The terms Bright as in treble or Mellow or fat for bass better express tonal qualities, with everything else in between. Also the most important part is how well the guitar sustains. Strings and pickups are the critical concern , and will make or break the total sound. You may find that the guage that pulls off intonation quality best might be the guage you may not like . On the 70s P-Bass, Flatwounds work and sound exceptionally nice. .105"-to .045" Thou. I strongly recommend that you take your Bass to a good reputable shop and ask the experts, they super tune guitars. When playing your bass on a clean EQ channel your guitar should not buzz, pop, or hum. It should be very clean or clear. Do not worry about your Spanish, You came to the right place for help. We may not all have the right answers but we try hard . Best Regards Bass Whaler
  3. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

In addition to all the great info bass whaler posted, it's a lot easier to warm up the tone of an instrument than it is to brighten it. With either, you should be able to EQ a nice warm sound. Some folks will also recommend flatwounds. The best way to pick, as either will warm up fantastically, is by feel. Which one feels better to you?
  4. bass whaler

bass whaler

Ivan, If you play bass fairly well, Even if not, treat yourself to a mid range priced Bass. The quality of nearly all mid range priced Bass guitars are where you would have paid out nearly a thousand dollars 25 years ago. Competition is huge and prices have dropped. You can get a very nice Yamaha, Ibenez, Hagstrom, Samick and many fantastic Bass guitars that are keepers. Steer clear of the $99. dollar blow out specials. Some great wholesale shops around aswell, and do not forget to subscribe to Guitar world. Its good to look at how the Guitars are rated before you buy, Some great players on this forum, do not be afraid to ask them. Take care, Bass Whaler
  5. chilepunkbass

chilepunkbass

anda a una tiena y pruebalos
    es la unica forma de saber
  6. mjmeche

mjmeche Supporting Member

Strings also help I have one bass with round wounds the other with flat wounds which tend to be warmer and not as bright as round wounds.
  7. Vintagefiend

Vintagefiend I don't care for 410 cabinets at all. Supporting Member

Squier Classic Vibe 50's P-bass - I have the sunburst one with a humbucker in the neck position, and as of today, it's the warmest, best sounding bass I own. set of flats and the V4B and she sounds plenty warm.
  8. Rocky Ramjett

Rocky Ramjett Supporting Member

The one with the rosewood fretboard. Not the maple. So my bet is on the 60s