1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Warmoth Bass Parts

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Kazz3lrath, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Kazz3lrath

Kazz3lrath

If I were to order enough warmoth parts to put together a bass (using their body builder thing to get all the parts in order), how long would it take for me to put it all together? Assuming I am willing to work for like, 4-7 hours a day.
  2. temmrich

temmrich Supporting Member

Gonna order the neck and body prefinished?
  3. temmrich

temmrich Supporting Member

Ok, assuming you don't have to apply any finish, a day should be enough. Assuming you have the proper tools. A drill press is pretty much the most complex tool you'd need. Drill some holes, add some shielding, do a bit of soldering, screw it together... finished.
  4. Kazz3lrath

Kazz3lrath

5. chubfarm2001

chubfarm2001 Supporting Member

I have been wanting to do a Warmoth build similar to yours. I have noticed that the classifieds here on TB is a great place to find hardware and electronics for much cheaper. Warmoth bodies usually do not come loaded, and pickups and preamp systems can really add up. Not to mention tuners, bridge, input jack, string retainer, neck screws, neck plate, and tone knobs. You will probably need a professional setup and fret job after also, unless you can do it yourself.
  6. Kensation

Kensation

You will still need to buy all the parts for the bass. All you will be purchasing is a body and a neck. You would still need to purchase pickups, wiring/electronics, tuners, bridge, pickguard, knobs, and all the hardware/screws to put everything together.
  7. hover

hover

^^ yes. then comes the setup.
  8. Kazz3lrath

Kazz3lrath

Awesome, thanks for the help man.
  9. zfunkman

zfunkman

I'm getting ready to purchase all the necessary parts to build a Warmoth Bass. Their prices for parts are competitive. In fact, they are less expensive than many of the bass parts sites I've found online. One stop shoping at Warmoth is the way I'm going. They're limited in pickups and pre-amps but what they do offer is pretty good and as I said earlier, the prices are competitive.
  10. bassburner

bassburner

Here's the list I came up with for my Warmoth build. A p-bass but it will give you the idea:

Pickup Guard
    Pickup Guard Screws
    Tuning Keys
    Bridge
    Strap Buttons
    Felt Washers
    Neck Plate
    Neck Plate Screws
    Knobs
    String guide
    Pickups
    Wiring kit - includes pots and jack
    Thumbrest
    Shielding
  11. Scott in Dallas

Scott in Dallas

Disclosures:
    Builder and Owner: DJ Ash Guitars
    My advice would be to save a few bucks buying used parts and spend the saved money on a good fret job on your new neck. Warmoth's fretwork is pretty good right out of the box, but it's more than worth it to have it done.
  12. AltGrendel

AltGrendel Supporting Member

Unless he's willing to read up and do it himself. It can be done.
  13. Kensation

Kensation

Glad I could help!
  14. TN WOODMAN

TN WOODMAN

That's a nice choice for a neck-beautiful.
  15. elbeau

elbeau

If this is your first build, buy thru guitar fetish so you're not burnin money on something you may potentially **** up.
  16. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

I've owned and built a few Warmoth basses. I highly recommend spending the xtra bucks for a graphite reinforced neck. Less weight , better tone. Even if you have to custom order it, get graphite!!