1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Warmoth Collection, PJ and fretted and fretless Gecko 6s

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by wyliee, Apr 6, 2014.

1. wyliee

wyliee Supporting Member

Hi gang!

I'm thinning the herd. All three basses have sat largely unused for a year now so it is time to let them go... I worked for Warmoth for several years and hand picked each component. These are great parts and great builds.

- Buyer pays shipping and I can take Paypal.
    - Again, thinning the herd. I'm not really interested in trades unless you have something incredible.
    - FYI, I am only on TB about once a day in the evenings. If I do not respond immediately, it is because I am away from my computer.

PBass build with JBass neck.
    - Alder body (@4lb 8oz) in vintage white. One large chip and minor, light scratching.
    - Maple/rosewood neck in vintage tint gloss. The neck has the slim taper contour and steel rods.
    - Pickups are Rio Grande Muy Grande's. Passive stacked vol/vol and tone.
    - Bridge is a discontinued Gotoh 206 thru body. **Warmoth does not currently offer any 4 string thru body bridge routs. Again, this is a discontinued option.
    - It will not ship with a case. I can always pick one up at the buyer's cost. If you prefer, I can disassemble the bass for shipping.
    - Asking $775.
    - **NOTE: The extra neck shown in the picture has already been sold! **

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Fretless Gecko 6!!! - SOLD
    This is a beast! I just don't play fretless enough to merit keeping it around. Not the lightest girl at the dance @ 11-12lb total.

- Mahogany body with high grade, hand picked, figured koa top and maple accent line.
    - The neck is wenge/purpleheart with black ebony board and black graphite nut. The neck suffered from blowout during construction and was repaired. No structural issues, but a small chunk blew out in the upper register. See picture.
    - Bart P4 routs that are loaded with passive Villex pickups and their mid-EQ system. Controls are vol/vol/treble cut/mid cut.
    - Bridge is a string thru Hipshot A (16.5mm)
    - Schaller strap buttons.
    - This bass will ship with a Lakland gig bag.
    - Asking $1200.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Fretted Gecko 6!!! - SOLD!!!
    This is truly a unique Gecko with custom options. Total weight comes in just under 9.5lbs. You will find this bass featured on the Gecko 6 body page at Warmoth.

- Swamp ash body with black accent line and spalted/flame maple top. Warmoth does not offer spalted maple as an option on Gecko bodies. It took me quite a while digging through the unique choice section to find a spalted maple piece that would not crack during the bent top process. Finish is an extra light vintage tint gloss.
    - The neck maple/bubinga with maple board and matching spalt maple pegface. The neck is a custom 2" width with thinner back contour and white corian nut. The neck was custom shaved for me. Finish is a matching extra light vintage tint gloss
    - Custom Nordstrand Fat Stacks in 17mm spacing. Special ordered from Nordstrand.
    - Electronics are an Aguilar OBP-2 with vol,vol,bass/treble controls. Pulling up on each volume taps the respective pickup for single coil mode.
    - Bridge is a Hipshot A (17mm). This is a custom option.
    - Schaller strap buttons.
    - This bass will ship with a Protec gigbag.
    - Asking $1300.

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014 at 10:43 PM
  2. wyliee

wyliee Supporting Member

Bump.

Anyone?? Bueller??
  3. wyliee

wyliee Supporting Member

Fretless Gecko on hold pending payment.

Bumpage!