1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

Warmoth Custom Tbass Body w/ Fralin Pickups- Rosewood, Mahogony, Pearloid

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by cubanbass, Mar 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubanbass

cubanbass Supporting Member

Just got this body to build up a project bass. Was super excited about it, even bought a killer neck for it. Now I am gassing for a short scale so I am selling this to fund a short scale project.

This was the text from original seller describing the body
    "I have for sale this lovely custom Warmoth body and set of Fralin pickups. The body was $420 plus shipping (unfinished), and the pickups were $230.

I finished the body with a tru-oil finish, nicely rubbed out to a satin sheen. It really is a beautiful body. The top is Indian rosewood, the back is mahogany, and it is bound with pearloid. Check out the photos. The body is un-used, so it is in excellent condition. There may be a few very small imperfections, but nothing you would notice without very close scrutiny. It is essentially new.

The pickups are both from Lindy Fralin. The original P-bass style pickup is a split humbucker, and the Jazz Bridge is a single-coil. I used 0000 steel wool to take the shine off of the plastic cover of the J-pickup. It looks great, like a black key on a piano. If you aren't into it I'll find you a shiny one. The pickups are unused.

This combo was quite expensive, and I don't want to give it away, but I know what is custom perfection to one guy may not be for another. New with shipping and finishing, it would cost about $850."

BODY IS SOLD [DEL]As much as the body/pickups is a deal I will sell just the unloaded body for $250 which is still a [/DEL]DEAL

The only thing not mentioned there was that there is not a rout for a jack on the side. I also ordered a new control cavity cover direct from Warmoth that I will include.

Will be selling the body with pickups for a few days more but seriously thinking about putting them on a new project bass. Will be closing this post and listing the unladed body soon.

2. cubanbass

still on the fence with this, may consider just selling the body w/out pickups if anyone is interested.

3. seang15

seang15 Supporting Member

4. cubanbass

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394896851.616420.jpg

Put it together to give an idea of what it would look like.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. cubanbass

7. bass_case

bass_case Used Register Supporting Member

What's the weight?
    What is the control arrangement for the two pups?

8. cubanbass

The control arrangement is whatever you make it, it is routed for three holes right now. It's not crazy heavy, will bring into office tomorrow to weigh...

[​IMG]

9. cubanbass

10. cubanbass

Body sold, closing thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.