Warmoth Deluxe 5 neck on MIM Fender body

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by awilkie84, Nov 5, 2012.

1. awilkie84

awilkie84 Supporting Member

So, the Warmoth site is REALLY confusing on their wording (or I'm just a derp and can't read). Google searches show threads about MIA necks on Warmoth Deluxe bodies, but I'm looking at the reverse.

Will a Warmoth Deluxe 5 neck fit on a MIM Active Deluxe Jazz V body? I really dig the binding & block inlays, but the standard 5 necks don't have a binding option. :(
  2. lowfreqgeek

lowfreqgeek Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Regenerate Guitar Works
    No. You need the "Standard 5" neck to fit on an MIM Jazz V body. The Warmoth Deluxe necks are 22 fret, the MIM Jazz V (active and passive) is 20 fret.
  3. awilkie84

Uhmn...the 2 extra frets are overhang fretboard. Their site says they're a direct replacement for MIA 20 fret necks. I just need to know if they fit a MIM.
  4. BFISHER1970

BFISHER1970 Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. awilkie84

Thanks, I saw that. Between the Standard 5 & the Deluxe 5, there appears to be a 2mm heel difference. As it's only 1mm off each side, some sanding should allow it to fit, I guess.
  7. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

If you're talking about the Deluxe 5 necks at http://www.warmoth.com/Bass/Necks/Deluxe5Necks.aspx , then no, the 2 extra frets are not overhang--the neck has 22 frets with no overhang, just like the old Fender Jazz Deluxe models. The Standard 5 necks have 20 frets, while the Deluxe have 22.

Maybe you can specify exactly which neck you're looking at, so we can be sure we're all talking about the same thing?

Mike
  8. awilkie84

Hmm...they neglect to mention this on their "Will it fit my bass" page. -_- I guess that option's out. I guess I'll have to look for another builder who can do a 20 fret neck with binding & block inlays for around the same price. :(