1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Warmoth - fret work?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Freddels, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist Supporting Member

I have a fretless Warmoth neck that is just great. Wondering how their fretwork is on the fretted necks?
  2. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

They say to check it .

One persons "perfect fret work" is another's "needs work"
  3. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

I bought a maple/maple neck from them back in 2004 with a gloss finish. The finish was shot directly onto the frets and not cleaned at all. Once I took some fine steel wool and a polishing cloth to the fret, everything looked and played great. It was weird seeing the finish not cleanly removed from the frets, but it ended up not being a big deal.
  4. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

Simply playing the neck will knock the finish off of the frets
  5. joeyl

joeyl Supporting Member

I find it quite relaxing to sit in front of the TV and scrape the finish off the frets with my fingernails