Warmoth short scale bodies....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by VincentGrim, Nov 26, 2013.

1. VincentGrim

VincentGrim Supporting Member

Just a general curiosity, but do short scale Fender necks (mustang, musicmaster, ect) fit on these?
  2. pudge

pudge Supporting Member

I'm almost positive the warmoth pocket is too large for the ss fender necks.I can check tomm. to confirm this.
  3. Tight fitting neck pockets in many opinions are one of the keys to an even-sounding instrument with good sustain.

Just order the body you want from Warmoth - with no neck pocket and no bridge holes or routings. Then, using your own neck as a guide - figure out the neck pocket depth and exact bridge position for proper intonation - based on the scale length you are looking for - or have your luthier do it.

Just be certain that the neck pocket area is as at least as wide on the body as the neck is at the pocket, you can always shave a little material off - but if the neck is too wide for the body, you have wasted your money.

BassHappy
    www.innertainment.net
  4. mongo2

mongo2

I've built more than a few basses with bolt on necks that have no neck pocket at all. They sustain as well and are as even sounding as any bass with a neck pocket, tight or not.
  5. mongo2

mongo2

If it helps, the heel of Warhead ss necks I've used are about 1/16" or so too wide for Fender ss neck pockets. This strongly indicates to that the Warmoth ss neck pocket would be wider than a Fender ss neck heel.
  6. pudge

pudge Supporting Member

Here's a pic, fender musicmaster on top.
    [​IMG]
  7. I will take you at your word for sure, never played a bolt on with no neck pocket as far as I can remember. I suppose it is a debate and I don't have the answer. On a bolt on though, I like to insure that the pocket fit is as tight as possible. Possibly just my OCDism. Makes me feel better. Also part of good craftsmanship in my opinion.

:D

BassHappy
    www.innertainment.net
  8. superjesus

superjesus Supporting Member

I can confirm the answer is no IME.