Warwick $$ 5 electronic issues

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by hgblues, Oct 28, 2013.

1. hgblues

hgblues

Our corvette $$ 5 is having some strange issues.

1. from time to time it has a digital interference static sound that faintly comes through. Whether wireless or plugged up. Definitely not the amp.

2. recently it has started cutting out, like the amp is clipping. However, we can change the pickup setting (either go single, or switch parallel series, etc) and it would stop doing for a few minutes, but start back

I'm in Southeast Alabama. Any ideas on the issue, and is there a tech in my region that I can get to?

thanks,

Jason
  2. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

Battery is brand new? Does it do it in passive mode (volume knob pulled up)? Do any of the pots make more noise when turning them or twisting your cable wilest cable plugged in? Cell phone in your pocket?

These things although seemingly trivial help step by step isolate the problem ruling out one thing at a time. Looking into the cavity and at low volume touching wires to see if there is one spot that causes a ton of that "noise".....

When you buy basses used sometime a solder gun cowboy took your horse for a ride yeeee haaaa and shouldn't have...:meh:
  3. LightGroove

LightGroove

Sounds like a preamp issue. I too would look at the battery and test connections. Should be fairly obvious if someone went at it with a solder gun.