Warwick active to passive

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by zackthompson, Jan 4, 2013.

1. zackthompson

zackthompson Supporting Member

Media:
    I wanna make my active warwick corvette rock bass passive. How would I do that?
  2. bongostealth

bongostealth Supporting Member

Well, assuming that the pickups you have in there are the active MEC pickups, you will not be able to make the bass entirely passive. You could install a "passive" harness (volume-volume-tone or volume-blend-tone) but it will still require you to wire a battery clip to the pots since the active pickups need battery power in order to work.

If you want to leave things as they are, you could install a preamp bypass switch which will bypass the preamp and give you just the sound of the pickups, but this will still require battery power.

For a true passive system, I would suggest replacing your pickups for passive pickups. Then you can decide whether to install a passive harness as described above, or you can install an active preamp with an active/passive switch.
  3. FiyaPowa

FiyaPowa

I have a passive Corvette which I was considering switching to active. Do you want to swap the innards straight up?
  4. Kubicki440

Kubicki440

Or pick me Mr. Kotter, I have a corvette rock bass with the passive pickups. Will trade.