Warwick BC amps

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by okcrum, Mar 14, 2014.

1. okcrum

okcrum in your chest Supporting Member

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Dark Horse strings
    Has anyone tried these? I just got a BC40 for small rehearsals and gigs, and it definitely punches above its weight.

Apparently designed in collaboration with Jonas Hellborg. Now I know he's also an RF guy. ;)

Anyone have one of the bigger ones?

I was most impressed by the (kind of the opposite of Ampeg et al) nature of this amp. Pretty much uncolored, and impossible to break up, essentially. In one early scene in the demo video, he dimes the amp and starts playing. Cool.

2. okcrum

okcrum in your chest Supporting Member

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Dark Horse strings
  3. Dug2

Dug2 Supporting Member

^ nooooo, i wouldn't say that, they just haven't replied here yet. imo, anything
    warwick makes (in Germany) is awesome.

heres a bump for sum better replies than mine!

4. tonemachine

tonemachine Supporting Member

I just ordered a BC-80 for $299 today from GC. Should be in on Friday. I've never played one but I'll go on record here and say it has to sound better than the $299 Ampeg and the $399 and $499 tc electronics BG-250 115 and 210 which I played today and was quite disappointed in all of them. I'll eat my words if it isn't all that.

I own the $99 Ampeg BA-108 (Version 1) and for a home practice amp it is a fantastic value. The $179 Ampeg 110 sounds way less than $80 better and the $299 Ampeg is much louder and has a nice, illuminated Ampeg logo...but doesn't sound that good. More gritty than punchy, kinda SVT-like.

Update- the Warwick BC-80 has been delivered and it is excellent. While it doesn't have the effects features of the tc stuff mentioned above, the inherent amp/speaker quality is much better and it is more of a "professional" caliber unit than are the tc and ampeg units mentioned above. I'm not knocking those others for home use but this is the only one whose sound quality rivals my head/cabinet rigs and, consequently, the only one that I would bring on a gig.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  5. Register to disable this ad