1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Warwick BC Combos

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by BulbousMoses, Apr 7, 2014.

1. BulbousMoses

BulbousMoses

So Warwick is not that well known in terms of their amps, probably because they don't have great distribution in North America. I've been looking at their BC line of bass combos and I have to say that based on what I've seen so far, they appear to be good amps.

If anyone on TB has/had one, please comment on your experiences with them. What did you like/not like about them and did you think you got good value for your money, etc...

2. BulbousMoses

BulbousMoses

Bump No one have a Warwick BC combo? Or tried one, at least?

3. Pimmsley

Pimmsley

4. aussietc

aussietc

I have a Warwick BC20. best practice ampI've ever had. Ive noticed on many smaller amps that when you turn it up loud they start to distort but this little thing can be cranked all the way up - full volume and EQ and still sound crisp and clean. Very impressed. Haven't had the chance to play any of its older brothers or its new younger brother the BC10 which looks great for lessons and lounge room jamming!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BulbousMoses

BulbousMoses

Good info. I'm interested in the BC80 for practice and small shows. Looking to get as much info as possible before making a decision.

7. BulbousMoses

BulbousMoses

Well, I have decided to order a Warwick BC80. I hope I'll like it but if not, I have 30 days to return or exchange it for something else. When it arrives and I've had a chance to put it through its paces, I'll post some pics and a review to spread the Warwick love around....

8. Back to Bassics

Back to Bassics

Just seen your thread.

I guess you've probably bought your BC80 by now, but in case you haven't ...

I bought one when they first came out. Easily the best small amp I've owned. Sounds great and goes loud. Small gigs should be fine ... unless you're playing with a drummer, of course. You might get away with it if the drummer's only using brushes, or playing very quietly. Small shows with guitar/vocals should be OK.

Records well and for the size goes pretty deep and the horn adds as much zing as I'll ever want. Tone controls work well and sound sweet and musical with a range of basses and strings.

The only problem I've had with it is both plastic caps at each end of the carrying strap have broken. Still seems to take the weight OK, but just looks a bit crap and is an obvious design flaw.