1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Warwick blue cab 15 distortion problem

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by badboy1984, Aug 30, 2013.

1. badboy1984

badboy1984

I've bought a second hand warwick blue cab 15 today because i wanted a practice amp, headphone socket and kick back design is good.

The problem i getting is the bass combo is distorting no matter what bass i play (both active and passive). All EQ is flat and it still distort ........ making it difficult to play.

So out of interest i plug in a acoustic guitar and it sounded fine even with high volume and crack the bass EQ as well.

It seems it only produce the distortion on bass guitar ........

Speaker problem or bass is too hot for this little amp?
  2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Have you checked for loose hardware like speaker mounting screws being evenly tight?
  3. badboy1984

badboy1984

The input jack was loose which cause volume getting cut but after tighten it is fix. But the tone is complete distort even with low volume and all bass is cut.

Will tight screw can cause these type of problem?
  4. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Bass guitar rattles things MUCH harder than a guitar can.

It is possible the speaker is bad, but try the free things first?
  5. badboy1984

badboy1984

I've tighten everything I can possible seeing. Possible bad speaker, but not worth replacing I guess ........