Warwick Corvette: Ash vs. Bubinga

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Afrokid, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Afrokid

Afrokid

Im having trouble deciding between the two. All the local guitar shops only carry the Bubinga corvettes instead of the swamp ash ones, and i can tell u first hand that the bubinga ones are heavy as hell, but sound amazing. I would like to know if the swamp ash ones sound just as good, and if anyone has any possible sound clips of the Swamp Ash corvette (or a bubinga one)?

Also if i were to choose an ash body corvette where would i go to purchase it? would GC be able to order it online or would i have to get it through warwicks custom shop o.o (and if i had to do it thru that how much would it cost?) Visually i like the swamp ash in Nirvana black with black hardware better then the bubinga , but thats not worth sacrificing sound for, but the ash is supposed to be lighter on the back. any comments / suggestions would be great.

2. Papersen

Papersen Gold Supporting Member

I`ve owned / played both and they`re someway different.
    The Ash is lighter and with a snappy, punchy tone. The Bubinga version has a deeper sound, which I personally prefer.

3. Daywalker

Daywalker

The Ash ones sound great just like the Bubinga ones, but the Bubinga ones pack a lil more ooph...;)

4. momo

momo

I found more growl and the trademark warwick compressed lowmids with the bubinga.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SUNNyday r.

SUNNyday r.

I have a 1996 ash body/all wenge neck one and it is much more mellow and subdued than my newer bubinga model. It is lighter and more comfortable to play but the newer one has the "growl" and seems better suited to more aggressive rock stuff. It sounds best with DR Hi Beams. I tried a ton of different strings with it and the Hi Beams are the perfect match.